🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Your payment could not be processed. Please c...
Page options
samiemalick
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Facing Issue while buying connects through by Visa Card. Kindly resolve he issue

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. In general, these issues occur when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4,439 REPLIES 4,439
aliameermujeeb
Community Member

I want to "Activate Freelancer Plus" but the below message appears on the screen. A few days ago I already submitted my ID card to verify my identity on Upwork but there is no reply.

"Unfortunately, we were unable to process your transaction. Your account is being reviewed. We may need to verify your identity information. Please check your email for the detailed next steps. If you don’t hear back within 2 business days, please contact us."

Hi Muhammad,

I followed up with the team and you should be all set. Could you please try upgrading your membership one more time and let us know if you continue getting the same notification?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Now this message appears.
"We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or
contact your issuing bank."

Hi Muhammad,

In that case, you need to check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. Check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
parasme_software
Community Member

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later

Hi Ashish,

I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ali_ams
Community Member

I am unable to buy connects and it is appearing the account is being reviewed. However, I am trying to do this for last month but no success yet.

Hi Syed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

To learn more about acceptable billing methods please read this help article.

~ Nikola
Upwork
shishir_modzzz
Community Member

Can i purchase connects from Indian domestic card (that does not support international transactions)

Shishir K wrote:

Can i purchase connects from Indian domestic card (that does not support international transactions)

No, because Upwork is in the USA and charges in US-Dollars from the USA, so it is an "international transaction".

Dear friend,

1.Please make sure that the card you are using is suitable
for international payments.

2.Try an alternate payment method.

3. Clear your web browser for cookies and try again.

I hope this will be helpful.

Upwork is always up to date and committed to provide the
best services to all the people concerned.
nadirbinfarid
Community Member

I'm trying to add a billing method(master card), but I'm getting this error "we are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank. " Can you help me to sort out this issue? Thanks in advance

Please check whether your card is eligible for online payments. I had the same problem, but after contacting the bank hotline they have activated the feature.

It's working now. Thank You

Dear friend,

muhammadmobeen51
Community Member

When i try to buy conects.
Sorry, a critical component of this page failed to load. Please reload the page.please halp me

Hi Muhammad,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in via another browser to purchase Connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
22f0af3c
Community Member

Hello, Upwork team. I am facing an issue when I want to buy membership plan through my debit card. I am facing this issue from two days. please solve my problem how I can get paid membership plan through my debit card payment.

Thanks.

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please share more details about the problem you`re exepriencing? if you`re receiving any errors on your end please share the text of the error with me. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear friend,

22f0af3c
Community Member

Hello, Upwork team I am geeting this error when I try to subscribe membership plus plan. I am posting this error second time here. please give me any guide what should I do. i am getting this message"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

Hi Muhammad,

I would recommend checking with your bank if your account is enabled for international charges or adding another Billing Method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
faisal-khawaj
Community Member

Hello , I have connected my bank account to upwork and i want to buy connects but every time it says, your payment couldn't be proceed.

Please guide me 

Hi Faisal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Sir i have contacted my bank account , they said everything is fine on their end.
I have cleared the cache and tried again , it says There was a problem with your request. Please try again in a few minutes.

Hi Faisal,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
alaminaah
Community Member

Hello Today I'm Buy/Requested for connect used by my VISA card. Now I'm want to know how many times needed for update my upwork connect ? Thanks Al Amin

Hi Md,

I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola
Upwork
da65305d
Community Member

I want to buy connects from Upwork but I am not able to add my billing method to pay Upwork, please help me to resolve it asap.

I tried with my debit card and Paypal both, but nothing works.

Error :

" Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later "

Hi Avineesh,

Please check with your bank for more information on why the specific charge was declined. In the meantime, check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods for purchasing Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear friend,

9acd3bdf
Community Member

Hi there! I just want to ask on how to buy connects without a bank account that is link on paypal. Is there any other way to purchased/buy connect?

Hi Rosette,

In order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments.

In the meantime, you can check out this help article to learn more about acceptable billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ajeetmishra2012
Community Member

I am getting the error

"Our records indicate that the payment method entered is already associated with the maximum number of accounts. Please add a different payment method."

Hi Ajeet,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
44f34884
Community Member

Hi,

I tried to buy connects from freelancer account but i recieved this message 

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

Please help!!

Thank you

Regards

Sanam

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sanam,

It looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline and confirm if they allow recurring transactions on their cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Dear friend,

nbailmosali
Community Member

Can you help me? I have a problem upgrading my account to freelancer plus. .
Coulde Please See Screenshot, please. I really wanted to upgrade my acct.

Hi Nabil,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with upgrading your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members