zubair2me

can not access to my paypal account

dear colleagues,

I requested upwork to pay some amount in my account through paypal, and the transaction made. unfortunately when I tried to login to my paypal account I couldn't make it. and I am facing problem to retrieve my password.
my question is: can i withdraw the amount and change to my other payment method (wire transfer) after the transaction made?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mhammed,

As Petra advised, please contact Customer Support and our team will assist you further.

Untitled

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
petra_r

@Mhammed A wrote:

dear colleagues,

I requested upwork to pay some amount in my account through paypal, and the transaction made. unfortunately when I tried to login to my paypal account I couldn't make it. and I am facing problem to retrieve my password.

You will need to work with PayPal customer Services to retrieve your password to your PayPal account.

Hi Petra, 

sure I will do. the process of retrieving my password is so complicated and i tried to call them but it is off day. just i wonder if i can change the amount to wire transfer. I am in need for the amount as fast as possible retrieving

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mhammed,

If the transaction was already initiated you won't be able to divert those funds to a different payment method.

Untitled

Hi Vladmir, another problem araised after I succfuly entered to my accoun with paypal. I don ot have US Bank account to withdraw my money and I failed to connect my credit card to payapl. I know those all are my faults.

the problem here I do not want to use my money for shoping with payapl,.from your experiance, can I resend my money from my paypal account back to my upwork account in order to withdraw them through wire transfer.

sorry, this how the beginners learn, from thier mistakes 🙂

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mhammed,

When you say US bank account are you referring to an actual account in a US bank or to a foreign currency account in your local bank? You can speak with your bank but you should be able to link and withdraw funds from your PayPal balance into your foreign currency account in your local bank.

Untitled

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Mhammed,

When you say US bank account are you referring to an actual account in a US bank or to a foreign currency account in your local bank? You can speak with your bank but you should be able to link and withdraw funds from your PayPal balance into your foreign currency account in your local bank.

No, he can not.

PayPal in Saudi Arabia (like in many other countries) does not support withdrawal from PayPal to a Saudi Arabia bank account, ONLY to a credit card, debit card or prepaid card or a US bank account.

OP, just add your credit / debit or prepaid card to your PayPal account, then you can withdraw the funds on your PayPal account to that.

can I do refund to upwork?

paypal says:

"You can issue a full or partial refund for 180 days after the original payment was sent. When you issue a refund, PayPal refunds the fees, including partial fees for partial payment refunds."

Ask your bank for a Visa/Mastercard which will be connected to your paypal account, that way you'll be able to withdraw the money from any ATM machine anywhere and anytime.

tlbp

Muhammad: YES, you can issue a refund from within your PayPal account. But if you can not log onto your PayPal account, you can not issue a refund. And that has nothing to do with Upwork.

Also, up issuing a refund from PayPal to Upwork is not a good idea. This is not something Upwork intends for you to do. It may well work, but why risk it? Would it not better for you to withdraw the money from your PayPal account, or use it to purchase something you need?

We earn money using Upwork, but Upwork does not intend for us to use their service as a bank. It is really intended that we withdraw our earnings, not return our earnings to them after withdrawal.

Hi Preston,

I accessed to my paypal account. but when I tried to link my credit card it won't work, I am trying all my day to solve this but no hope.

what the risk with doing refund to upwork? may I need to contact Upwork priorly to inform them before taking action of refund? to whom may I speak in Upwork? 

@Mhammed A wrote:

what the risk with doing refund to upwork? may I need to contact Upwork priorly to inform them before taking action of refund? to whom may I speak in Upwork? 

Even if the "refund to Upwork" thing works, it will take time and you may lose a significant amount of money in currency conversions depending on what currency you set up.

You can open a ticket to Support, but will have to give them time to respond. This will not be a quick, easy or painless process and it could easily cost you money.

If I were you I would persevere with PayPal to avoid a long drawn out process which could be expensive for you.

Under NO circumstances should you just refund the payment without any official go-ahead from Upwork.

Refunds are for payments received, NOT for mass pay which is the process Upwork uses to disburse funds to you from your Upwork account to your PayPal account.

@Petra R wrote:

If I were you I would persevere with PayPal to avoid a long drawn out process which could be expensive for you.

but it is also not painless and time consuming with paypal, I looked for answer to my case in their forum, hundred cases are there about credit card linkage and no solution. frankly I don't intend to use my money to buy something from the web.

@Mhammed A wrote:
@Petra R wrote:

but it is also not painless and time consuming with paypal, I looked for answer to my case in their forum, hundred cases are there about credit card linkage and no solution. frankly I don't intend to use my money to buy something from the web.

So why did you set up a PayPal account and withdrew your funds to it?

Hi Petra,

thanks for the all advices you offer here.

mistakes happens. I admit it is my own fault.
the good news that I contacted the upwork's support and I refund the money as they adviced. for sure I will be sure about my choice to withdraw my money in future.

thanks a lot.

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mhammed,

As Petra advised, please contact Customer Support and our team will assist you further.

Untitled