🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » client left without payment verification
Page options
muharib
Community Member

client left without payment verification

The client left the Upwork after getting the work and without payment verification 3 years ago. That amount is still pending in my account. How can I get the payment because payment has been charged by Upwork from the client and it is pending from the last 3 years. 

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

3 years is a long time.

Upwork was never able to bill that client's credit card.

You can't get that money.

On Upwork, when I do work, I get paid for that work within 3 weeks at the latest.

I have a phrase for people who owe me money for work I did more than a month ago:

"People who don't owe me money."

It was a fixed-term project. I think Upwork charged the credit card of the client at the start of the project and the amount remained in escrow up till now. Is it possible? 

aqsa i wrote:

It was a fixed-term project. I think Upwork charged the credit card of the client at the start of the project and the amount remained in escrow up till now. Is it possible? 

No, upwork returns escrow money after (I believe) 90 days to the client. 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Aqsa,

Our team reached out to you via ticket with more information about the payment you`re referring to. If you have any additional questions, feel free to follow up directly on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks

Do I need to generate a ticket or it will be processed on Upwork's end?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Aqsa,

Our team has already created a ticket for you and you can access it Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members