Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contract fee reduction

noltepatty
Ace Contributor
Patty N Member Since: Jul 6, 2016
1 of 5

I am on a job and want to get more work from the this client, contract is still open.  Can I chage the hourly fee now?  Want an additional incentive to get more work.

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
2 of 5

First of all, this is a really bad idea on so many levels.  Your value is your value.  

Secondly, I believe that the contract would have to be closed and replaced with a new contract at the new rate.  Again, bad idea because client might not rehire you.

ETA:  what Valeria said.  I was wrong.

noltepatty
Ace Contributor
3 of 5

Mary, thanks for the reply.

Next month I am losing a $250, was a $500, a month 9 year client who is closing the business.  So I need to make money and have not received an legitimate offer in my field.  

Having fallen now for 3 long term offers that wanted to pay outside of Upwork, I am getting to the point of despair.

As to my value, I am bidding $15 against $3 - 5 proposals.  And exessively low fee are getting contracts for administraive assistants.

Thus can I change a fee on an open contract.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 5

Hi Patty,

The freelancer can only decrease the hourly rate on an active contract. In order to increase the rate, you'll need to talk to your client and ask them to do it.

~ Valeria
Upwork
noltepatty
Ace Contributor
5 of 5

I was able to reduce my rate under my jobs.

Thank you.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS