🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: contract on hold jss impact
Page options
g_urgeghe
Community Member

contract on hold jss impact

A client hired me for a job by the hour, I didn't start working because the contract was put in hold state by upwork. the client didn't respond after I tried to contact him so many times, surely it was a scam attempt. I have been on upwork for a month and a half I have the badge of rising talent but I am afraid that closing the contract by myself my job score may have problems, what should I do?

6 REPLIES 6
kateashcraft
Community Member

I've had several scam attempts. I let them alone and Upwork eventually closes them and let's you know about it. Just let it sit.

Hi Amanda, Thanks for your answer, I asked in the help chat to an upwork operator who advised me to close the contract. but I don't want it to have any negative effects

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Giacomo,

I'm sorry to hear about your contract status. While we can't share any details, please ask your client to follow up on the notification they recently received and communicate with our team in order to resolve the issue with their account and resume your contract. Make sure to stop working on this contract and continue only after you can see that the contract has been resumed.

I'll also follow up with our team regarding your concern shared here.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
g_urgeghe
Community Member

Hi Bojan, Thanks for your reply. She hired me on June 29th. I never worked, not even an hour, the contract was immediately blocked. Now the situation is "SUSPENDED" I have been trying to contact her for almost 2 weeks but she is no longer responding. Your colleague in chat told me to close it soon, but I'm afraid it will affect my job score

Giacomo U wrote:

Hi Bojan, Thanks for your reply. She hired me on June 29th. I never worked, not even an hour, the contract was immediately blocked. Now the situation is "SUSPENDED" I have been trying to contact her for almost 2 weeks but she is no longer responding. Your colleague in chat told me to close it soon, but I'm afraid it will affect my job score

The client is suspended and that means that the contract is supposed to be excluded from your metrics anyway.

cda3edfb
Community Member

Petra thank you for you help. This means that I can close the contract and have no effect on the jss, nice!
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members