🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » invite email notification delayed for hours
Page options
00137e0a
Community Member

invite email notification delayed for hours

Hi Upwork Team,

I just want to let you know that I've had two job invites yesterday, but I've only received their email notifications several hours later. 

I didn't receive the connects for my last three interviews, as well.

Also, a couple of days ago I've received an email from you thanking me for buying 80 connects, but I didn't buy anything.

I'm aware that Upwork is going through some technical difficulties these last few days, so you may want to check this on your end. 

Thank you,

Rafael.

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

I found the best way to not miss invitations is the "find jobs" page, you can see them instantenously on the lower right hand side. 

00137e0a
Community Member

Hi everyone,

Support team, you would please confirm that you've read this thread? 

I still didn't get the connects for responding to the last three invites. 

Thank you again,

Rafael.

petra_r
Community Member

Rafael M wrote:

I still didn't get the connects for responding to the last three invites. 

You don't get free connects for responding to invites, never have.

You only get free connects if you applied, then the client initiated communication, then you responded.

Rafael M wrote:

Support team. 

This is not the support team. This is a public user forum which has moderators whose job it is to moderate the forum. I am somewhat puzzled why you would demand their confirmation that your post has been read... 

The delays you describe are common when the site has issues, that's the same for everyone.

The email that you got about the connects was caused by a bug.

1baf45de
Community Member

You don't get free connects for responding to invites, never have.

I also received some connects after declining invitations, I guess Upwork awards saying no instead of going silent. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members