cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally agree with you

ms_sagittarian
Melanie M Member Since: Mar 24, 2014
1 of 5
..Finally got my first job! 🙂 but the problem is the client is not showing up for about 2 days now. Am i scammed? We chatted thru skype, exchange messages but no formal interviews. In our last chat he promised to give me a training first. Actually he hired me for the job I didn't applied, a different one from which applied for, well somehow the work is related. I looked at his profile, seems all is well, he has verified his payment, feedback listed from his freelancers, and all. What will i do?.please help. thanks much! 🙂
junelle
Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
2 of 5
you didn't mention that you'd already done work, just that you and your client chatted through skype. so what makes you say you'd been scammed? does the contract appear in your "my jobs" folder? if it does then there's nothing to worry about, he's probably busy with something else or just preparing the tasks he wants you to do. for now, all you can do is be patient - you can send him a friendly reminder that your waiting for instructions - but i do suggest you still keep applying to jobs.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
ms_sagittarian
Melanie M Member Since: Mar 24, 2014
3 of 5
thank you for responding. is it possible that he left me hanging there? i mean no job at all, no time log? yes the contract do appear in "my jobs" folder. hmm..maybe i am just being so worried, heheh thank you for your suggestions,it do helps. need to be patient again. anyway i haven't started the work yet because he said he will train me first. what makes me in doubt is that everytime i check the tracker time (the odesk team) no one is online,seems weird for me, i never seen anyone online since i log in there and our conversation is not purely about work, we chat more of his life, nyaaaay! 😄
junelle
Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
4 of 5
in that case, then it would be better to use your time doing something constructive, like applying to more jobs. you're here to make money, not to make friends, supposedly. a dating site would be more appropriate for that.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
djsbaker
Daniel John B Member Since: Oct 3, 2013
5 of 5
Totally agree with you (Junelle), best would be to keep looking for other jobs. Also, if your not working on his project, and haven't started working on it, you cannot be scammed (yet).
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS