🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » messages room archived by mistake?
Page options
hadas-wittenberg
Community Member

messages room archived by mistake?

Very active, verified and validated client. I sent a proposal and I had a brief conversation with the client via messages. He emailed me directly to say room archived by mistake from Upwork, which is what I see as well with the message "You can no longer message this user",  "Can't send messages in an archived room"
How can that be fixed to re-open the conversation?

4 REPLIES 4
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Hadas,

Unfortunately, archived rooms can't be un-archived. However, if both users are still active, you should be able to create a new room and communicate. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

I'm getting the same thing from a freelancer I worked with "Can't send messages in an archived room."

Are you saying I have to wait in hopes the freelancer reaches out? As there doesn't seem to be any way of starting a separate conversation or even hire the freelancer. This is super lame - Upwork needs to fit this asap. 

Hi Warren,

Have you tried creating a new room with the freelancer you are trying to communicate? Like Valeria mentioned in her last post, if you have previously communicated with a freelancer through Messages, you can create a new room by clicking on this icon, and typing their name here. Please, let me know if that works for you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cf61eef1
Community Member

It seemed the Freelancer blocked me ( at least that is the message I'm getting when I try to create a new room). This is so weird because our last job went well; I was pleased with her work, she was pleased with our communication - she even wrote a 5-star review stating how she loved working with me and looking forward to future jobs. 

Anyway, thank you for the help; I guess I'll have to find a new freelancer for the position. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members