🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » mpesa payment cancelled but I did not cancel ...
Page options
amusawale
Community Member

mpesa payment cancelled but I did not cancel it

Hi. I withdrew cash to my mpesa but the cash was not received. Instead I got a notification that the transaction had been canceled. Would you please shed some light on this? Who would have canceled it and why? the money is not back in my account.

15 REPLIES 15
JoanneP

Hi Annemarie,

I checked your account and it like you are already corresponding with one of our agents. Please allow time for the team to review and update you directly on the same ticket for further assistance. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
6096d537
Community Member

Hello, I am also experiencing the same issue. I withdrew money from Upwork and mpesa cancelled the transaction. I received an email that the withdraw was completed. I am worried if mpesa will initiate a refund and the period it is going to take for the amount to reflect im my Upwork account.  Kindly help.

mercyt
Community Member

Hey Aaron, did this ever got resolved? How long did it take for you to receive your money?

loisndege
Community Member

Hi Mercy, was your issue resolved? And after how long? I in a similar situation 

Hi Lois,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
c1bce660
Community Member

Also having the  same problem an incoming transaction was cancelled without a plausible explanantion since i did not cancel on my end 

6096d537
Community Member

Hello, I am also experiencing the same issue. I withdrew money from Upwork and mpesa cancelled the transaction. I received an email that the withdraw was completed. I am worried if mpesa will initiate a refund and the period it is going to take for the amount to reflect im my Upwork account.

Kindly help.

d909a66e
Community Member

I also have the same issue. I hope it will be resolved and we will get our funds

d909a66e
Community Member

Hello,

I withdrew funds to my mpesa, but there was a cancellation. I haven't received the funds, and the money is not reflecting in my Upwork account.

Kindly what could be the problem?

Hi Josephine,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The transfer of money from your Upwork account to M-Pesa is handled by a third party and you’ll typically receive your payment within one business day. Please also note that due to our partner’s hours of operation, M-Pesa transactions are not processed on weekends or banking holidays. If more than two business days have passed and you still have not received your payment, please contact us and we’ll be happy to look into the matter.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello. I hope you are doing well. I withdrew some money from Upwork to M-pesa but I got a notification that the payment has been cancelled. Why would that happened and I have been making transactions many times and it has never happened before? Would you please help me get the money? 

Thank you. 

Hi Antony,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with more information and further assistance about your Mpesa withdrawal concerns.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thank you for the response. The problem however is that the money had already transferred to mpesa but it was cancelled immediately.

I called Mpesa and the problem is not on their end. 

a1c4e5c7
Community Member

Hello Annemarie S

How long did it take for the issue to be resolved?

loisndege
Community Member

How long did it take for the issue to be resolved? 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members