Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oDesk Team app memory leaks

firfi
Ace Contributor
Igor L Member Since: Dec 23, 2014
1 of 3

First thing is, I never restart my computer. I'm either leave it working or put it into sleep mode to awake next day.

No applications cause a problem, except oDesk Team. It's UI renders unusable after 1 day of usage (delay 30 sec after 'start tracking' click isn't uncommon), so every day I have to force quit it and start again.

This problem appeared on my old machine [with OSX Mountail Lion] and on the new too [with OSX Mavericks]. Both machines have 16gb memory / SSD and function correctly without delays, except for team app.

I filled support requests twice (year ago and month ago) and in both cases I got promise that it will be partially fixed.

`Partially` doesn't work, it leaks anyway, just slower. 

I wonder if there's anyone with this problem. Do you solve it somehow?

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 3

Igor, I have point out that I don't have the latest version of the app, but I have the same problem in OSX Mavericks, and what I do is, as soon as I notice that it seems to be sluggish, I quit the app and restart it. It's an inconvenience for sure.

Alan H Member Since: Nov 23, 2014
3 of 3

I have exactly the same problem. I'm usingoDesk Team App 3.10.33 on a new Macbook with Yosemite OS. I never had this issue running oDesk Team App on my old white Macbook, which was running OSX 10.6.8. Upgrading my Mac has been a positive experience in every way, with every program, except for oDesk Team App, whose performance has degraded. The cure is quitting it and restarting it.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS