Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oDesk is blackmailing me !

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
11 of 25
Thanks for letting me as a contractor/freelancer know that if I log hours without doing work might get my account frozen. That's really valuable advice... Smiley Wink
Highlighted
Community Guru
Reynaldo M Member Since: Aug 4, 2012
12 of 25
What did you expect the comments be? sympathetic to your cause? Simple fact is you cheated, logging hours for not doing any work(except maybe using an auto clicker). You knew it was wrong but you still did it. Now how is that right? What you were supposed to do? Take on other projects. who said you need to be tied with a Client that does not deliver his side of the agreement, providing you the task? Freelancers are not employees that has to check in at 8 and check out at 5 and getting paid just to sit around if no task are provided. You can always choose not to continue with the project for any justifiable reasons. Or didn't you read the contents of the small square box you check marked when you joined oDesk?
Highlighted
Jasmin I Member Since: Feb 10, 2012
13 of 25
odesk are a liars and someone who can not be trusted !!! They can not wait to close the account and take my money, but they can not because I have an open contracts. Never in my life have I seen such a corrupt persons ! YOU WIL NOT TAKE MY MONEY!
Highlighted
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
14 of 25
You billed the client when you didn't do any work. It's freelancers like you that make things difficult for honest freelancers, because clients start out worrying that they can't trust us.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
15 of 25
[quote=Marcia Malory]It's freelancers like you that make things difficult for honest freelancers, because clients start out worrying that they can't trust us.[/quote] Exactly, Marcia.
Highlighted
Community Guru
16 of 25
[quote=Jasmin I.]odesk are a liars and someone who can not be trusted !!![/quote] Who again, kept his time tracker running to bill his client for weeks without doing anything? And who again, kept tapping his keyboard just show that he has been active working for the whole week. (I wonder how he manage to sit the whole period just tapping a key to keep his time tracker from deactivating staring at?) Did I missed anything from the O.P's Thread???
Highlighted
Community Leader
Sandeep C Member Since: Oct 24, 2013
17 of 25
You are really funny Jasmin.:lol:
Highlighted
Jasmin I Member Since: Feb 10, 2012
18 of 25
Okay girls and boys. what you approve here is that a person should be convicted on death row, for a stolen candy bar. But what you do not understand is that beside me , my clients are damaged as well. Couple projects halfway, incomplete, and I can not continue to operate in this manner. the only one that is not damaged is oDesk with its 10%. Work hard, all of you, till one day you see: Financial Account {Your name} has been suspended. Then you may come here to seek my help and advice.
Highlighted
Marvel J Member Since: Jun 30, 2011
19 of 25
My account was suspended before, but not because I cheated on a client, but because my account was hacked. I was allowed to work. Financial account being suspended doesn't mean you cant work. I don't know if something like this is considered ok from that part of the planet, but from where I am, we call it "stealing"! I have no idea how to explain this to you, because you strongly believe that you are the victim here.
Highlighted
Community Guru
20 of 25
[quote=Jasmin I.]Okay girls and boys. what you approve here is that a person should be convicted on death row, for a stolen candy bar.[/quote] Intentionally cheating someone else for money (and not pocket change) is the same as pocketing candy bar?? Really? [quote=Jasmin I.]But what you do not understand is that beside me , my clients are damaged as well. Couple projects halfway, incomplete, and I can not continue to operate in this manner. the only one that is not damaged is oDesk with its 10%.[/quote] You got suspended because you cheated one of your client, so who created the problem with your other clients again? [quote=Jasmin I.]Work hard, all of you, till one day you see: Financial Account {Your name} has been suspended. Then you may come here to seek my help and advice.[/quote] Unless I went against any of oDesk TOS I really doubt if I'll get suspended. As to Advise, personally can't give you any but to try and convince oDesk to give you a Second Chance.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS