Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pay

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
21 of 24

Dude I have been wondering for weeks why the AI grammar checkers hated that sentence. I should probably leave it though; it does demonstrate my writing style.  

I would hire you as a proofreader, but you are too expensive. 

IMO, Upwork represents a global marketplace for contractors, and this is reflected in the pay rates. Those seeking higher pay have to put in extra effort to find the right clients and demonstrate their worth. 

ilanherman
ilan h Member Since: Mar 22, 2016
22 of 24

i mean only good intent when i say that there's no 'writing style' when in reference to the craft. a sentence is correct or it's not, like a singer singing a note out of tune and insisting on keeping it in the mix cause it's 'their style'. every day teaches me about correct writing. i yearn to learn. and my rates are reasonable. i live in LA where a moderate 1 bedroom is 1400 a month. im the only earner with a kid to raise. even at 25 an hour working 40 hours a week i make 4000 minus taxes, health insurance, bills, utilities, and barely finish the month. I'm also convinced that my writing and editorial abilities are much better than people accepting 5 bucks an hour. 'u get what u pay 4' is a cliche cause it it....  happy to hear the service works for u.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
23 of 24

Jennifer is right. The vast majority of job applicants are horrible. Somebody genuinely qualified really stands out.

ilanherman
ilan h Member Since: Mar 22, 2016
24 of 24

I agree. Jennifer had the best take for me. It's been a rather illuminating day, one in which i 'd hoped to compete for Darwinist crumbs... but i wasn't ready for 2-3 bucks an hour. I'll dig deeper, see what i can find. I'll also agree that, like you'd mentioned, many times neither buyer or reader of the content written will know the difference. The lowest common dinominator of bad writng rises for the sake of lower wages, which then pollutes the reading public and lowers the bar even more....and so on. i will now descend from my soapbox.  

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS