🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » problem with client!!
Page options
thelion1
Community Member

problem with client!!

Hello!

Recently I have experienced a bizarre incident. I am working for a client in a fixed price contract (100usd), but he deposited only 40$ (in escrow), the work is to create an expert advisor for forex trading.

i submitted request of payment more than 9 days ago, work he told me now that the ea doesn't work well, but in straegy tester and even in live it works perfect like he wanted. 

it seems he don't want to pay, even if he pay he pay only 40$ from 100$. The proof is that he give me a new offer tp modify ea and he draws me to code it without payment a cent.

please help me to take the total amout (100usd). (verify that the ea works like he wanted even in live account).

thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

If the milestone was only funded 40%, then you only should have submitted 40% of the work. If that is not possible, you should have waited until the milestone is fully funded. 

There is no upwork protection if you don't use the methods and tools available to protect you. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
martina_plaschka
Community Member

If the milestone was only funded 40%, then you only should have submitted 40% of the work. If that is not possible, you should have waited until the milestone is fully funded. 

There is no upwork protection if you don't use the methods and tools available to protect you. 

Martina P wrote:

I agree with this. Going forward, do each piece of work after the milestone for that piece is done. If you've already done $100 worth of work but only received $40 you really can't recover the $60 now.

I make exceptions for my long-term clients on the odd time that they forget but I know it's not going to be an arm-wrestle for funds and disappointment in the end. At some point they'll say "Oh! Sorry, didn't give a milestone" without my saying anything and they'll quickly do it.

For brand-new clients, I am polite but I do let them know that things happen in a certain order (if the question comes up...most of my new clients don't expect work before milestones).

thank you very much for your reply, it is helpful.

I delivered the full work with confidence :/, i am new and have no experience in contact with clients.

Issam K wrote:

thank you very much for your reply, it is helpful.

I delivered the full work with confidence :/, i am new and have no experience in contact with clients.

It's okay, Issam. It's a bit of a learning curve! You'll learn everything you need to know as time goes on.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "please help me to take the total amout (100usd)."

No, you must not think like that.

Accept the $40 pay and move on.

Let this experience help remind you in the future to not make the same mistake again.

thank you

e9dff2b9
Community Member

I thing you can ask him/her to show the problem by video or video call. Show the good will each other.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths