🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » proposals withdrawn by upwork what to do?
Page options
alma-trischler
Community Member

proposals withdrawn by upwork what to do?

Hi all! I have just noticed that all 3 jobs I have recently applied for have been withdrawn from upwork, I cannot find a reason to why, it just says that upwrok has cancelled them, and I have not gotten back my connects either. I do not know what to do in this case. I have also tried to find some kind of customer help desk, but the only thing I find is this community page, or the chat bot, is there really no regular customer service system here? Would appreciate all your help since I am new to this portal.

Thanks beforehand! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Alma, 

I'm sorry for the delay as I had to check this with the teams involved, and if this has caused you any inconvenience. We can confirm that, by design, freelancers are notified about successfully completing the verification for the Identity Verified Badge after completing both steps of the process - providing a government-issued ID, and completing a video verification call. The Customer Support Team has issued connects to cover for the proposals which were withdrawn as a result of the confusion the process has caused, and additional connects for the inconvenience. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
abinadab-agbo
Community Member

If you'd like to speak to a bot, visit this page

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067878

If you'd like to speak to a human, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Get Help button 😉

Hi Abinadab, when you write get help button, do you mean under resources, help center? Cause if that is what you mean the only thing I find there are articles, and once again the chat bot, I would like to be able to chat with a human with specific issues, is this possible and how? Thank you!

lysis10
Community Member

Alma T wrote:

Hi all! I have just noticed that all 3 jobs I have recently applied for have been withdrawn from upwork, I cannot find a reason to why, it just says that upwrok has cancelled them, and I have not gotten back my connects either. I do not know what to do in this case. I have also tried to find some kind of customer help desk, but the only thing I find is this community page, or the chat bot, is there really no regular customer service system here? Would appreciate all your help since I am new to this portal.

Thanks beforehand! 

They were probably scams or the client violated some rule and got their post killed.

Thanks Jennifer

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alma, 

I will go ahead and check your account and confirm any information I gather from the team. I'll come back here with an update!

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you Avery, Look forward to hearing from you! 

Hi Alma, 

I can confirm that because of the temporary limitation to your account, your proposals were automatically withdrawn. The limitation to your account has already been lifted, and you should be able to send out proposals again. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery! Thank you for getting back to me with the info. I can se however that the connects have not been given back to me yet, when could I expect that to happen? I assume that I am getting them back since the reason for my account to be off for a couple of days was that I did not get notified that my ID had been accepted and it was possible to do the verification-call. When I verified the ID I tried to do the second step at the same time but was told by upwork that they first had to approve the ID and that I would get notified by email when that was done in order to do the second step. This did not happen however, I just noticed suddenly that my profile was put on hold, and in that, I lost my connects. Let me know when I can expect to have them back again, and thank you again for taking the time in my case!

Best
Alma

Hi Alma, 

Please bear with me as this may take a little time to get information since I'm waiting on a response from another team. I appreciate your patience and will update you as soon as possible.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello,

I am sad. I am facing the same issue. After verification my account is at limited access and all my connection is gone. All my current proposals are withdraw. That's not fair.

Please help me out.

Regards

Hi Nudrat,

I checked this account that you used to post in the community, but I do not see any limitations on your account. Could you please check again? Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Alma, 

I'm sorry for the delay as I had to check this with the teams involved, and if this has caused you any inconvenience. We can confirm that, by design, freelancers are notified about successfully completing the verification for the Identity Verified Badge after completing both steps of the process - providing a government-issued ID, and completing a video verification call. The Customer Support Team has issued connects to cover for the proposals which were withdrawn as a result of the confusion the process has caused, and additional connects for the inconvenience. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery!

Thank you for getting back to me and solving the situation, I can confirm that I have gotten back the connects and appreciate the extra ones I got for the confusion. I wish you a lovely start on this new week!

Kindly,
Alma

Hello Avery

I am having a similar problem with my proposals. They are showing "withdrawn" on the proposals' section. It would be great if you can help me out on this.

Thank you

Sanjeev J.

28a2d036
Community Member

Hello, I have the same exact issue.

There was a problem with the verification of my Identity. I have already provided a government-issued ID, and completed the video verification call and everything is ok with my profile, expect for all the proposals that I've sent yesterday was withdrawn (please see screenshot) but I didn't get the connects that I spent back.

Can anyone help please?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rotsen Joseph and Sanjeev,

When a freelancer is requested to verify they are given time to complete verification. If they fail to complete the verification during that time, their account will be put on hold and active proposals are withdrawn because of the hold. The hold will also prevent freelancers from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
28a2d036
Community Member

Hi Bojan, 

My identity was verified without any problems in less than 24 hrs (less than the time given to me to upload my ID and do a verification call). However, all my proposals were withdrawn and my connects was not returned. Is there anything you can do to credit back my connects or at least make my proposals active again?

Thanks so much for your assistance.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rotsen Joseph, 

I'm sorry for missing to respond to your message. I checked your account and can see that the team requested you to verify your account las 23-May. Unfortunately, you missed verifying your account during the given time frame, and your account was put on hold, and your active proposals were withdrawn. Please know that we will not be able to reinstate your proposals or the Connects used for those proposals. 

Kindly refer to the link Bojan shared on his post for more information about verifying your account.

~ Avery
Upwork
64a33c82
Community Member

can we get those connects back ?

ef83a776
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I had a similar situation, where all of my proposals (I had 13 in the last couple days and 21 in the last week) were withdrawn after identity verification.

One thing I struggle with here is that the proposals were still there and fine at the time I verified, but disappeared overnight after the process had apparently been successful.

The second, main issue I have with this is that the warning message prompting me to verify my identity only said that I would be unable to send out new proposals, but did not give me any indication that all of my existing proposals that had not yet been responded to would be withdrawn. Reasons for not verifying sooner aside (namely though that the site was stalling out on Chrome and sending me to the help center, so I thought I was going to need to get help and decided to handle it later since I didn't need to be sending out new proposals after that anyway), this means i wasted a lot of time, effort, and Connects applying to things that were only destined to be withdrawn.

Can Upwork do anything about this?

Is it possible to re-allow those proposals that were withdrawn? Or to allow me to submit a new proposal to some of them? Right now, it seems like I'm not eligible to do even that since it knows I've already submitted a proposal for those jobs.

Would appreciate any help,

Patrick

Hello Bojan,

My account has been put on hold due to an issue with verification. I was able to verify my account but my proposals are still withdrawn. Should they be in active status again after successful verification?

Thank you for the answer in advance.

Best regards,

Jovana Pantovic

Hi Jovana,

Unfortunately, if a freelancer fails to verifying their account or misses to do it during the given time frame, their  account is put on hold and their active proposals are withdrawn. Please know that we will not be able to reinstate those proposals or the Connects used.

~ Valeria
Upwork
a0f9978b
Community Member

Hello,

I just discovered that most of the proposals I submitted two weeks ago have been withdrawn. From this chat I can see that this probably has to do with the verification of my identity. I did send my identity document, but now realise that it was rejected. I never received an email about that. Given that I was working hard on an ongoing job on Upwork, I was not realising that by not making sure my ID was accepted, my proposals were being withdrawn.

Upwork is a fantastic service, and I'm sure it is not your goal for freelancers to lose time and to lose opportunities! I also believe that it is your goal to constantly improve your service.

Given how many people seem to have made the same mistake, please could you communicate the following requests to your product team. I've tried to write them as user stories:

-  As a freelancer who is late in submitting identity document and video, I would like to receive an email warning that my proposals are going to be withdrawn if I do not submit  by a certain date

- As a freelancer whose identity document and video has been rejected, I would like to receive an email warning that my proposals are going to withdrawn if I do not resubmit by a certain date

- As a freelancer whose proposals were withdrawn because of late submission/ resubmission of identity documents, I would like to be able to resubmit the same proposals (this could even be automatic)

- As a freelancer who has lost opportunities due to late submission of the correct identity documents, because the jobs are now closed, I would like get back the Connects spent on submitting proposals

Thank you for all your efforts to make this service better every day!

Kind regards,

Pete

64a33c82
Community Member

can i get those connects which were dscarded bt upwork on submitted proposals ? what to do now?

need help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aqsa,

Active proposals are automatically withdrawn when a freelancer is suspended. Now when your account is resumed you can wait until the beginning of your next billing cycle for your Connects to refresh.  

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
tololak
Community Member

Hey team,

Well, I see someone already had some frustrations I am having right now. I think I was late on verification, all my proposals are archived, even after the verification process. When I say all, all the proposals I applied using my 60 connects. It is sad. The time it took to do that. What is the solution here? Should I expect my proposals back?

Thanks?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Brook, 

A member of the Customer Support Team has reached out to you directly through an email to assist you regarding your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
563fd6f2
Community Member

Hi Avery,

I received a notification to verify my identity before 21st September, I provided the necessary documents for verification and did the face scan, after which I updated my billing information. Surprisingly, I found out my account was suspended after I had completed all necessary steps required of me.

I appealed the suspension, it was lifted this morning and now, my identity has be verified in less than 24hours, but I noticed all proposals (including active proposals) I sent have been withdrawn even after verifying my identity before the deadline.

Is there a way to reverse these withdrawals or refund me the connects used in applying for these jobs?

I would appreciate this being resolved as soon as possible.

Hi Olubunmi,

I am sorry to hear about the removed proposals. We are unable to reverse the proposal removed due to account suspension. Please don't hesitate to follow up with our team directly on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
41065e48
Community Member

I recently sent proposals for a job, and soon after my account was suspended. The suspension has been lifted, but my proposal was withdrawn by Upwork and I would very much like to send the proposal again. However, I am not allowed to, because it had been withdrawn. Is there anything I can do about this?

Hi Temi,

When a freelancer is requested to verify they are given time to complete verification. If they fail to complete the verification during that time, their account will be put on hold and active proposals are withdrawn because of the hold. The hold will also prevent freelancers from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals for new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts.

Please note that boosted and unboosted proposals that are withdrawn are removed from the client’s list so they can no longer see them. If you withdraw a boosted proposal, you can’t submit it again (with or without boosting) and you will still be charged as if you had not withdrawn. Check out this help page for more information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
allaboutsales
Community Member

Hello, 

I just noticed all my proposals have disappeared from my account recently. Can you please help and let me know if my connects can be credited back? I haven't logged in to the system and missed the deadline. I have since verified. Please confirm if I can resubmit the same proposals or if there's a way for you the CS team to reverse all the withdrawn proposals that upwork team did.

Hi Cherry,

I can see that you've reached out to our support team and raised a ticket about your concern. Please allow our team time to review your case and you will be getting an update on this page with further assistance once done. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
e4982e9c
Community Member

It looks like this has happened to me. I submitted my photoID and then went to check on my proposals. All of them were set to Withdrawn. 

Why did this happen and how can I get them resubmitted or my connects back?

Hi Bret,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
95bd12eb
Community Member

Hello, I had a few propals that were withdrawn after my account was suspended, I got my ID verified and my account is back but I was wondewring if i get compensation for my connects. Thank you

37e2340f
Community Member

Hii

I have just noticed that all 5 Proposal display as withdrawn. I have recently applied for 1 yesterday after purchase the connects which have been withdrawn from upwork, I cannot find a reason to why this happened,  I have not gotten back my connects either. I do not know what to do in this case.

I have also tried to find some kind of customer help desk, but the only thing I find is this community page, or the chat bot, is there really no regular customer service system here? Would appreciate all your help since I am new to this portal.

Thanking You in Advance, please request to resolve the issue to get my connects so i can apply to proposal.

6843d22e
Community Member

I have had the same issues. Submitted a proposal then withdrawn by upwork and validated with my ID. No connects brought back to my account. I find It a bit worrieng, as this should be a realiable partner in the process

4f2419f2
Community Member

Several members of our community have experienced a similar situation where a delay in verification resulted in the automatic withdrawal of submitted proposals and a significant loss of Connects
While we understand the importance of verification for security purposes, losing a large number of Connects due to a minor delay can be extremely discouraging, especially for those who have recently upgraded their memberships to capitalize on more opportunities.

We kindly request Upwork to consider the impact of such delays on freelancers who rely on the platform for their income. We propose exploring the possibility of:

• Restoring Connects used for proposals withdrawn due to verification delays.
  • Implementing a grace period for newly verified accounts to resubmit withdrawn proposals without using additional Connects.

We believe these measures would demonstrate fairness and support for the freelance community.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. We look forward to a prompt and satisfactory resolution.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members