🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » question about jobs
Page options
0531f08d
Community Member

question about jobs

I just started on UpWork yesterday. I was looking over some of the freelancers bios and saw many with like 300+ active jobs. This is confusing to me because nobody can work on that many jobs at the same time. Does it take a while once you complete a job for it to move out of the active jobs listing?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bundie702
Community Member

I wouldn't recommend letting that many jobs show as ongoing in your profile. I check mine three or four times a year and if no more work is expected, I'll send the client a polite note asking them to close the contract, and if I don't hear from them I'll close it myself. Having dozens or more of "jobs in progress" on your profile might scare off potential clients who can think you're too busy to accept more work.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
elisa_b
Community Member

Either the client or the freelancer have the option to close contracts. They keep them active for their own reasons, even though there is no work in progress.

2ef54d61
Community Member

The job stays active unless the client or freelancer chooses to close it manually.  A job may be active, but no work has occured on that contract in weeks or months.

bundie702
Community Member

I wouldn't recommend letting that many jobs show as ongoing in your profile. I check mine three or four times a year and if no more work is expected, I'll send the client a polite note asking them to close the contract, and if I don't hear from them I'll close it myself. Having dozens or more of "jobs in progress" on your profile might scare off potential clients who can think you're too busy to accept more work.

Agree with you.

Regards

Good using the structure.

0531f08d
Community Member

Thank you!!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members