🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » "No Feedback Given" Dilemma
Page options
katiecan1
Community Member

"No Feedback Given" Dilemma

Hi Freelancers and Moderators,

So here's my dilemma. I've learned that we should allow Clients to close contract because then they are forced to provide feedback by the UW system. That is great when the client cooperates, but what about when they don't?

If the freelancer closes the contract then there is even less chance that the client will give feedback, and reminders fall on deaf ears.

If the freelancer ends up with too many "no feedback given" comments then their JSS will suffer. Isn't this a double bind for a freelancer?

Also, just how far back does the calculation for "No Feedback Given" go? From the beginning of the Freelancer joining UW?

I think this is an issue that needs to be addressed. What needs to be done to raise the concern?

Appreciate the community input on this.

2 REPLIES 2
tlbp
Community Member

This is purely my speculative opinion, but I think >90% of the people who think a lack of feedback is the reason for their low JSS are mistaken. They are clinging to a single phrase taken out of context to support their belief because the alternative would be to acknowledge other issues that affect their score. Look at the profiles of some of the top-rated freelancers and count how many no feedback closed contracts appear on their profiles. That will give you a clearer picture of whether closing contracts is really the issue it alleged to be. 

jared_k
Community Member

Yeah, I don't think they hurt much. If you have a bunch of idle jobs and want to end the contracts, then just close out one or two every month or so and it shouldn't hurt your JSS. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members