🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » "Upgrades are not possible during that period...
Page options
Chukuneye N Community Member

"Upgrades are not possible during that period"

Why is this message displayed and when will it be cleared?

"We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Kevin and others,

The error you're getting is shown by design when a freelancer attempts to upgrade their Membership when their billing cycle is about to renew. If you go to your Membership & Connects page under Settings, you'll see the dates of your billing cycle. Note that you won't be able to upgrade your membership plan during the renewal period. Once your billing cycle updates, you will be able to upgrade your membership.

~ Luiggi

View solution in original post

185 REPLIES 185
Muhammad R Community Member

Hello, 
I am facing a problem while upgrading the membership plan. please resolve this issue

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Muhammad,

I would like to clarify that membership upgrades are not possible when your existing membership is due for renewal. Could you please try again after 24 hours and let us know if the issue persists? 

Additionally, I see that you also created a support ticket regarding your concern. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Khandoker Mohd Maz H Community Member

Sir, I have the same issue. Can you help please.

Regards

KMHaque

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Khandoker,

Please wait until your billing cycle is done updating in order to be able to edit your membership plan. You can check on your current billing cycle in Settings > Membership & Connects.

~Andrea
Mahmoud H Community Member

Same issue here, 
I have tried to clear my cache and cookies, also I have tried another browser

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Mahmoud,

Please wait until your billing cycle is done updating in order to be able to edit your membership plan. You can check on your current billing cycle in Settings > Membership & Connects.

~Andrea
Naimur H Community Member

I have subscribed for Membership on 23 FEB 2022 . Now I want to cancle my membership but they are showing "We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later." 

I don't want to get membership again

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Naimur,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

Edited to correct information. 

I would like to clarify that this is by design, downgrading membership is not possible during the renewal of the billing cycle. Could you please try to downgrade your membership plan again in 48 hours? If the issue persists let us know and we will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Jahirul S Community Member

Hello,  I am getting same issue. "

We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later.

"

I have cleared cache, tried different browser / device. But it remains same.

Please help.

Thank you.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Jahirul,

I would like to clarify that this is by design, upgrading membership is not possible during the renewal of the billing cycle. Could you please try to upgrade your membership plan again in 48 hours?

If the issue persists let us know and we will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Gevorg A Community Member

Hi there,

I have the same issue, as explained above. Trying to renew membership and getting error message: "We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later". 

Please also note, that I have tried to clear cash & cookies & also to renew membership through other browsers, but unfortunately faced the same issue. 

Please help me with this

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Gevorg,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Illia K Community Member

Hello,  I am getting the same issue. 
We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later.

I have cleared the cache and tried different browsers/devices. But it remains the same.

Help me, please.

Thank you.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Illia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please try to upgrade your membership plan one more time? If you still see the same message please let us know and share a screenshot from your end so that we can assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Illia K Community Member

Unfortunately, the problem is still relevant. I have attached a screenshot. Review New Membership Plan - Upwork 2022-04-24 21-45-29.png

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Illia,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble upgrading your membership. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Juan C Community Member

Hello, I'm having the same issue, I'm trying to upgrade Agency Plus but I get the same error. I have tried using different browsers, clearing cookies, changing credit cards. Please help resolve this ASAP

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Juan,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Zaid A Community Member

Hi, 
I have been trying to upgrade my upwork membership to plus account but I am getting this message.

I tried clearing my cache, but it doesn't work.

Thanks.

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Zaid,

I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble upgrading your membership. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Deep R Community Member

Hello Upwork team, I am also trying to upgrade the membership to Agency Plus, but keep on getting: 

Reference Screenshot: https://gyazo.com/a16c39b01d040b4702651d2ad2657248

I upgrade my membership every month, but this time it's not happening. 

Thanks. 

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Deep,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. I took a closer look at your account and please make sure that you have a valid and active billing method on your agency account. You can always check and update it here.

Let me know if you need further assistance and I'll be more than willing to help.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Deep R Community Member

Thank you for your reply, Arjay. After updating the payment method, it is still showing me some error. 

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Deep,

Thank you for your response. Upon checking, I saw that your current billing cycle is May 3, 2022 — Jun 2, 2022. Please note that error message "We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later" is shown when you try to upgrade or downgrade your membership plan when the automatic plan renewal is in process. Please wait within 48 hours, after that you may try to upgrade your membership to plus.

You may check this details by going to Agency profile> Settings> Membership & Connects> scroll down to Current billing cycle section.

If you encounter same error after May 5th, please reach out to us and we'll assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
Sophia S Community Member

We are in process of subscription renewals ..... 

SAME ESSUE 

Current Billing Cycle

Apr 16 2022  May 15 2022

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members