🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » "contract ended" warning but no information o...
Page options
deborah-ponzio
Community Member

"contract ended" warning but no information on which contract it is

Hello, I see an orange warning on my Upwork page, saying that a contract was ended, but I did not receive any notification on which contract it is.  Could you please help? Is it a bug? Thanks for any support

deborahponzio_0-1702030558524.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Deborah, 

I can confirm that this is working as designed. The notice will be posted as a gentle reminder when a contract is ended within the past seven days. In your case, the notice was posted on your account four days after the contract was ended. 

If you have other feedback for this feature, please don't hesitate to share it here. 

Thank you!

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
fe9b8d82
Community Member

I got this exact same message today when a client closed a successfully completed contract and left me a 5 star review.  I had to go back and look through all my contracts to see what had most recently been closed, and that was the only contract ended that day.

Why Upwork posts that message which looks like a warning of some sort is beyond me.

Same for me!

ladyelexia
Community Member

I think they updated their system somehow. I also have the same notice as of today, but the most recent contract a client ended was a few days ago. Just read it, delete it, and keep going. 

Thank you for the kind encouragement, I will move on when I have and informed and clear response. 

LuiggiR

Hi Deborah,

I want to clarify that this isn't a bug, nor has a contract been closed by us. After your most recent contract, we'd like to take a moment to remind you of our Circumvention policies and how we help protect you by keeping all transactions and pre-contract communications on Upwork. You can check this link, which is the same one on the notification you received, for more information.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thank you Luiggi, but I cannot fully understand - that generic warning lead me to check all my contracts, both closed and opened. None of such clients has ever suggested to work and manage payments outside of this platform, at least to my knowledge. Hence why the warning? Please check and clarify, thank you

Sorry for any confusion that could've caused, Deborah. The message is simply a reminder of our Circumvention policies; it doesn't mean this happened with any of your contracts. I'm happy to share your feedback with the team regarding this message so they're aware in case the wording is confusing.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I would also add that my latest contract was closed on 4the December, while today is 8th December. The warning appeared just today. It does not make any sense to me. Hence my suspect that it is a bug. 

Hi Deborah, 

I can confirm that this is working as designed. The notice will be posted as a gentle reminder when a contract is ended within the past seven days. In your case, the notice was posted on your account four days after the contract was ended. 

If you have other feedback for this feature, please don't hesitate to share it here. 

Thank you!

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks for verifying this, Avery. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members