🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » request for solution
Page options
farhad-usmani
Community Member

request for solution

Hi,

I'm new to Upwork so this could be a very simple question with a quick answer ( hopefully ).

I just finished my first milestone with a client.  I can see that my client has "$25.00 paid out of $50.00". Although the balance my account shows is 0.00. 

I have a  direct deposit set up for my account and I don't see the payment in my bank.

Does the money for the milestones only get released once all milestones have been completed? This seems counter-intuitive with the concept of milestones.

I'm sure I'm missing a basic concept of how the payment works here on Upwork. But with being the noob, I have to wonder, what happened to my money?

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Farhad U wrote:

I'm sure I'm missing a basic concept of how the payment works here on Upwork. 

You are. You need to familiarise yourself with how payments are handled on Upwork... Read all about it here:When will I get paid?

Go to Reports > Overview

You'll see the funds under the Pending tab. The date when it will be available is in the left hand column. There is a 5 day security period on Payments on Upwork.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: “Does the money for the milestones only get released once all milestones have been completed?”

No.

Freelancer completes one milestone.

Client releases payment for that milestone.

Freelancer then does work on next milestone.

Client releases payment for that milestone.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members