🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » she fools me?
Page options
73370b1f
Community Member

she fools me?

hello I have a question
I am new to freelancing
And I applied for a job translating some children's songs into my local language
And after one hour my submission was answered!
And she asked me to talk on Telegram
And indeed, we spoke, and she did not test my skills and asked me to translate an entire book of 100 pages in 3 days! And not just children's songs, and she offered $25 on one page of the book. It was strange and suspicious, and she gave me a PDF file for her company; its name was abstract media house. Not even on the company's website! I think it's a scam!

11 REPLIES 11
nahidhasan771
Community Member

Yeah It’s scam

Thank God I translated only 7 pages

You cannot contact her outside of Upwork before start a contract. It's violation of Upwork's terms of service. 

I do not understand about upwork and terms.

You need to start at the beginning. This information is all about Upwork and how it functions. It will take you some time before you are ready to apply. You have to learn and follow the rules, or you will get scammed and can lose your account if you go outside of Upwork. I know you have questions. The links will provide the answers.

If, after you have read everything, attended all the new freelancer webinar, videos, etc., you still have questions, then bring them to the forum.

You can start by having a photo of you and not a child.

Why did you start working before you were hired???

Community Member

Your profile photo needs to be a photo of yourself. You can request a religious exemption regarding face coverings, if you need one.

Go to this post and follow the instructions - to protect yourself and to become more competitive.  To all freelancers looking for help 

bobafett999
Community Member

Yup. With that profile picture no serious buyer will hire her.

ArjayM

Hi Asmaa,

I'm really sorry to learn about this disappointing experience. I would like to let you know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. 

However, I can't seem to find any communications in your Messages. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about the job you're referring to? I'll take a closer look and share it with the appropriate team for action if necessary.

We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here. Looking forward to your message.

~ Arjay
Upwork
the-right-writer
Community Member

Why did you not know how to protect yourself? You need to learn the rules before you are scammed again. As others have mentioned, your photo is not to be taken seriously. Your profile is non existent.

Before you apply for a job, you have a lot of work to do. Please read and attend all the courses. You are not prepared to be a freelancer and will only receive scam jobs until your profile is professional.

Of course, it is a scam. The scammers look for new freelancers who jump in with no knowledge. That's why you must go through and follow Upwork's rules or quit now.

In addition, Upwork can permanently ban freelancers for going outside of Upwork even to talk or text.

71613de7
Community Member

Yes - it most likely is a scam and you should report it to Upwork.
All communication should be done on the Upwork platform until a contract is
offered and you have accepted.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members