but it did'nt go through
how can i start a job if i can't go through
pls. help
11 REPLIES 11
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jescel,

Please start typing the name of a skill you wish to add and it will show up on in the drop-down menu, which you can then click and select. You will need to create a profile and go through the review process before you're allowed to bid and work on jobs.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

How can i add a new skill that's not available in the drop down menu on skill sets? I'm a recipe developer and the only skill that's a bit relevant is WRITING which have nothing to do with recipe development?? All my feed is about writing blogs and writing articles etc etc

Hi Charbel,

I checked your profile and I can see that you were able to add the recipe development skill. Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Luigi in the app i did find it but using my laptop under categories I'm still stuck with WRITING only, I think that's why my feed is full of writing and content jobs only. here's a pic attached

Hi Charbel,

Thank you for your message. You may want to update your saved searches to get more relevant jobs on your Job feed while using your laptop. Here's how to create or update your Saved search for your Job feed. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

I did that, but I still think UPWORK should add culinarily category or recipe development!!! cause sometimes customers don't name their search as recipe development they choose totally different names and in the job section you understand that they need recipes)))) thx anyways 

Hi Charbel,

Thank you for following up and sharing your feedback. I will be sure to share it with our team for further review and consideration. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello,

I tried adding Monday.com to my list of 15 skills and I can't find it there but when clients post jobs, Monday.com is part of some required skills. I have also been adding it as a suggested skill for over a year now and nothing has been done about it. 

I appreciate your response.

Hi Oluwasegun,

Thanks for reaching out. This will not going to show up in skills. Monday.com is not a skill but a website and the skillset related to this would be Project Management. Kindly try using that, please.

You may add in your profile description that you have expertise in using Monday.com for the clients to see.

~ AJ
Upwork
adoseo
Community Member

Hi

Im trying to add web developer as one of my skills and it is not showing up for me.

Hi Justin,

You should be able to find "Web Programming" in the list of skills or select particular languages and software you use.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members