cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suspended account

Sheikh H Member Since: Mar 11, 2015
1 of 10

Hello,
I have create my account with real and trust information.And my profile was complete.I have upload my picture.But why my account was suspended.Please let me know what was the problem in my profile and how to solve it?
Thanks.

Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
2 of 10

Hi Sheikh,

Did you receive an explanation from customer support? Did they ask you to respond to a message?

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
3 of 10

Hi Sheikh,

It looks like there were areas of your profile that needed to be updated. I see you've already contacted our Support team and they'll be following up with you shortly.

Farkhanda B Member Since: May 7, 2015
4 of 10

hi please help me. i am also in same problem suspended account?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 10

Sheikh,

You seem like a nice enough guy. Young. Eager. That's great.

But here's the thing. When I take a look at your profile, the thought that struck me is that I definitely wouldn't approve it if I was an oDesk customer support representative. And maybe I would be too tired and annoyed by looking at the profile to even give a reason why, so I might just put it on the back-burner and come back to it next week, or hope that somebody else gets assigned to look at it.

When a new contractor on oDesk sets up their profile in a way that is sort of okay, but still not really likeable, I think sometimes it takes longer to get reviewed because support people don't quite know what to do with it.

I don't know that your profile violates any specific rules, but it just has too many skills and software programs listed on it. It looks like you're trying to use a scattershot, shotgun approach to getting a job. You list 10 skills in your main skill list, not all of which are related, and you list 11 different software programs or skills in your profile text.

You say you're "good" at all these things. And I don't believe for a second that you are.

I don't see any work history, any past jobs, any educational history, any skill tests, or any portfolio pieces.

And I want to be really honest with you, if you DID portfolio pieces, skill tests, certifications, education, work history, etc. demonstrating that you are good at all these things... I still wouldn't hire you.

Because I don't need somebody who who does all things. I need somebody who does one of these things really well. Why hire somebody who claims to be "good" at 10 things I don't need, when I can hire somebody who is great at the one thing I actually need?

What I want you to do is pick ONE skill and really focus your profile on that skill.

For now.

So: graphic designer, animator and writer?

No.

No, you're not. Not right now.

Pick one, the one you're best at.

That will give you a better chance at attracting your first few clients.

After you have established a track record with one skill, you can branch out and add some others.

Will oDesk or anybody else force you to take this advice? Not at all. It's totally up to you. But I believe this is what works best for a new contractor such as yourself.

Agata P Member Since: Mar 7, 2015
6 of 10

07-03-2015 I wrote in the forum: "I've updated my profile and asked for review. I'm still waiting (since last Sunday [01-03]) for any message".

Valeria K. said: "I have followed up with the Team about your request and they will review your profile and provide updates as soon as possible".

That was 08-03-2015, and I'm still waiting for any information.
I'd like to know how much time do you need for review my profile, and when I would work at last.

Farkhanda B Member Since: May 7, 2015
7 of 10

same problem with me

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
11 of 10

You might want to set your profile to public so we can at least get an ideal of what might be the problem.

You also have not even taken the time to put in a proper profile picture. That alone is a rule violation.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
11 of 10

re: "You also have not even taken the time to put in a proper profile picture."

Jean is ASSUMING, without any real evidence, that Farkhanda is not actually a cartoon turret.

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
11 of 10

@Farkhanda

I'm sorry for your plight, but private messagng forum members is not going to help you. You need to contact support - only they can help you..

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS