🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » type of project
Page options
mohamd-wagih
Community Member

type of project

Helping a student with some renders for her designs to be presented well for a school project, does this under academic cheating or not? 

should I take the project?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Providing work for a student to submit under their own name for credit or taking a test on behalf of a student will be considered Academic cheating and is not allowed/permitted. Proofreading, conducting research, and tutoring are not considered academic cheating and are permitted on Upwork.

I've escalated your report to our Trust and Safety team for further review. They will surely look into this job and the client's account. Appropriate action will be taken accordingly if necessary.

We also encourage you to let us know if you find anything suspicious has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here. You may want to check this help article and this thread for more information on how to stay safe on Upwork. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
yofazza
Community Member

If it's not about tutoring, if a student pay you to produce something, it is cheating.

But I don't think it matters anymore here in Upwork. Even blatant Google Credit Card Tricking and Spamming Network are allowed to operate here. What you need to be careful is these cheating students can be very cheap and manipulative. They might laugh and brag with their friends when they managed to con some unsuspecting online freelancers into doing their homework for $7.

This is only 1 sample, the chat screenshots have all been deleted but from what I see the guy was tricked by the kid.

ArjayM

Hi Mohamed,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Providing work for a student to submit under their own name for credit or taking a test on behalf of a student will be considered Academic cheating and is not allowed/permitted. Proofreading, conducting research, and tutoring are not considered academic cheating and are permitted on Upwork.

I've escalated your report to our Trust and Safety team for further review. They will surely look into this job and the client's account. Appropriate action will be taken accordingly if necessary.

We also encourage you to let us know if you find anything suspicious has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here. You may want to check this help article and this thread for more information on how to stay safe on Upwork. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
599a56e1
Community Member

• good bless you

. All the best

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members