🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » upwork polices
Page options
divyansh-tyagi
Community Member

upwork polices

Hi, I'm working on Upwork form the last 2 or 3 years. and I was very happy with Upwork all things are nice here. but Upwork is taking a 20% fee from the job that we have done. but that's ok. and we get 60 connects every month in free membership. so 2 connect is used for sending the proposal to the client. so we can apply for 30 jobs in a month.
but later on Upwork change, it's policy. now we are not getting any connects. now we need to take membership for 14.99$ in which we get 70connects and they can be carried to next month.
if we want to apply for a job we need to spend 6 connect for a single job. so in 70 connect we can send 11 jobs. and we are not sure that we will definitely get that job.
now Upwork is adding GST tax for Indian. I just want to know that how we will earn through Upwork.. it is taking a 20% fee, connect fee and tax and maybe many more things in the future...

I'm a game artist. I do props modeling and texturing. no client is paying 200$ for these jobs. the average pay is 50$... I'm not doing Architecture work in which I can earn 500-1000$ for some modeling and renders...

I don't know what to do

1 REPLY 1
robin_hyman
Community Member

Divyansh T wrote:

Hi, I'm working on Upwork form the last 2 or 3 years. and I was very happy with Upwork all things are nice here. but Upwork is taking a 20% fee from the job that we have done. but that's ok. and we get 60 connects every month in free membership. so 2 connect is used for sending the proposal to the client. so we can apply for 30 jobs in a month.
but later on Upwork change, it's policy. now we are not getting any connects. now we need to take membership for 14.99$ in which we get 70connects and they can be carried to next month.

You don't HAVE to pay $14.99 every month.  That is for the freelancer plus membership package. You can opt for the basic membership and buy connects in smaller packages.  

if we want to apply for a job we need to spend 6 connect for a single job. so in 70 connect we can send 11 jobs. and we are not sure that we will definitely get that job.

Not every job is 6 connects.  It varies from 1 to 6 connects.  So ignore the jobs that charge 6 connects and apply for the smaller jobs. 

now Upwork is adding GST tax for Indian. I just want to know that how we will earn through Upwork.. it is taking a 20% fee, connect fee and tax and maybe many more things in the future...

You are paying for the service to apply to jobs.  Try other platforms and see how well you do there.  Everyone charges because it's a business. 

I'm a game artist. I do props modeling and texturing. no client is paying 200$ for these jobs. the average pay is 50$... I'm not doing Architecture work in which I can earn 500-1000$ for some modeling and renders...

I don't know what to do

Either 1) lower your rate 2) find a new skill 3) move to a different platform 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members