🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » what is the problem for not getting work thro...
Page options
jayeeta_m
Community Member

what is the problem for not getting work through upwork?

hi , i am not very new to upwork but have upgraded myself and become motion designer, i am not active in upwork but whenever applied for any freelance work get very few respose that made me demotivated to work with upwork, though with the same profile i am getting work from other platforms. dont know why, need a help on how to approach or want to know how to make convincing proposal, or if anyone can help me to find out the problem area so that i can improve. My Portfolio link is mentioned here 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks & Regards.

4 REPLIES 4
sourceprouk
Community Member

1- Upwork got flooded with freelancers, during and after the pandemic, most of them with little or no experience freelancing. Also, people going to live in cheaper countries then trying to make a living with Upwork as they will not get local work (e.g. Californians going to live in Mexico). I have a Ukrainian friend, who went to live in Turkey, doing that. She does not even speak Turkish.

2- The bid boosting device is likely to be confusing clients. Clients with little experience hiring freelancers do not know who is good and who is not; they may think that the best freelancers are at the top of the list. 

I am actively seeking work outside Upwork, with my website, not by enrolling in cheapo workers sites like Fiverr and Guru. My work load has decreased in Upwork because of the things above and I will not rely solely on Upwork. There is not chance I will bring to Upwork any clients I manage to get outside, just to see Upwork and other freelancers pinching them with cheap fees.

Very true! With all the new amendments in upwork making it difficult to get work even for experienced freelancers like myself.  The new boost bid system is making it more difficult. We can't do anything.

very true.

759e32fa

Hi Jayeeta,

We understand you are not getting responses to your proposals. I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members