🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » whats the latest time of a project you would ...
Page options
45449d47
Community Member

whats the latest time of a project you would apply to?

whats the latest time of a project you would apply to?

7 days is ok?

2 REPLIES 2
bilal1983
Community Member

Although it is best to apply within the first couple of days, you can still apply 7 or even 15 days later, depending on:

- When was the last time client checked the job page? If the client is still actively looking at the post, it could mean he is still interested in looking at proposals.

- Does the job post show anyone hired? If no, there's a chance client is still looking. If yes, does the job post say client is looking for more than one freelancer? And if so, you can still apply.

- How many proposals have been sent in total? If you are a very good fit, this does not matter and you can apply, but in general if there are too many applicants, chances are less.

- How many invites has the client sent out? For me, if I see a client has invited 50+ freelancers, he/she doesn't really know what/who he wants and/or he just wants a lot of people to check his job post (maybe there's a link there that he wants ppl to click on, or there's some other fishy thing going on), and I don't want to waste my time and connects on this.

- If there are fewer invites like 10-15, in my opinion the client possibly spent time looking for candidates that look good, so he has an idea of who he wants. Look at how many he is interviewing (No. of people who accepted the invite + people whose proposals he replied to). If it is 8-10, I usually don't apply, because it shows client is further narrowing down who he wants. Again, it's your call, if you think you are a really great fit.

- So again, if there are no people or just a few people being interviewed, I still apply to the position.

- As an additional thing to notice, look at the client's past hire rate. If the client has regularly hired people, and paid consistently, there's a good chance they will hire again, and just haven't found someone yet. If its a new client or has a very poor hire rate, then there's a chance your application will be wasted.

ashrafkhan81
Community Member

For me I apply to jobs within 24 hours, if the client has a good history, hiring rate and a decent spent I will consider 48 hours old job. Beyond that, I just ignore the jobs that are older than 48 hours. 

But now with the boosting feature, it makes sense to wait a little longer to check the bidding level if you bid too early others can outbid you, so if i am going to boost, I wait for a little but that is risky as a lot of clients who hired me have done so while I was on the call with them. Many clients will hire quickly if they feel they found the right candidate. 

But 7 day old job is too old for me to waste my connects on, if the budget was decent a lot of suitable candidates would have already applied. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members