cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is my feedback score changing?

gian_caingles
Gian C Member Since: Jul 28, 2017
1 of 5

this is the second time i've noticed a sudden change in my client feedback score. and i find this alarming. is this platform discreetly tweaking freelancer accts?

my JSS has been 100% so far (5 all the way through the last time i've monitored it), and yet 2 days ago i notice 1 client feedback with a 4.85 remark out of the blue. and i was positive that was a 5 as it has been there quite a while in my profile. and now, it went down to 97% instead.

the second instance is this recent project i've had. i'm legit sure it was a 5 star when i last checked it because the 1st case bothered me, but then all of a sudden it's 4.70 as i'm checking it now.

i have not enabled clients to change their feedback, so there is no way that would change by itself.

can you please look into this issue?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 5

Gian,

Upwork team can't edit star rating that was provided by users. It can only be changed if the other party enables changes.

~ Valeria
Upwork
gian_caingles
3 of 5

hi valeria,

i appreciate your response to my concern. as far as i could remember, i did not enable clients to change feedback so i'm confused why the sudden changes occured.

is there perhaps a glitch going on? i'm not sure, i can only do nothing but speculate.

i feel a bit dismayed that my JSS went down to 97% for unknown reason. would've accepted it if i saw the score from the client firsthand.

thanks again for the response.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4 of 5

Hi Gian,

Our team had checked this and didn't find any glitch for this case. I can advise you to take screenshots and store them, and if something happens we can act immediately.

In your JSS the private feedback that clients leave is calculated as well, this may be the reason for the drop of 3%.

~ Goran
Upwork
gian_caingles
5 of 5
thanks for the quick response, goran. will definitely monitor the scores moving forward.

yeah, maybe the private feedback played a part on this.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS