🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » why not more connects on monthly membership w...
Page options
rolludesig
Community Member

why not more connects on monthly membership when connects per job are increased by 8x, 4x,3x

isnt it unfair to get same 80 connects on plus membership when connects per job are increased by 8x,6x,4x ? why we are getting 80 connects only for monthly membership which are good for maximum of 5-8 jobs....the monthly number of connects as per membership should also increase..

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sajal36
Community Member

I think it will not hep to the purpose of increasing the connects. Moreover expectation to have more connects is about to be able to apply for more jobs. Approach in this case will be like to have high volume of applications so that there are less unsuccessfull proposal and it keep reducing as you move forward. It is like you have (10-0 to 10000-20 or 100000-50) but to achieve this and further improve you might have to consume endless connects.

So it is better to have quality over quantity such as win one proposal and retain it as repeat business. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
spectralua
Community Member

It is possible, but price will be increased too. I don't think that it is good idea.

tlsanders
Community Member

What sense would it make to increase the number of connects required and then decrease the cost of connects correspondingly? The actual cost would stay the same. 

but atleast we can bid on more projects atleast..it simply doesnt make any sense of getting 80 connects for membership fee of $14..it means you can hardly bid on maximum of 10 projects..atleast make it 160-240 connects for plus membership...

adan_h
Community Member

I agree with you Rahul. Its really tough to apply for jobs nowadays with such high connects. In the past the highest connect required to apply for a job was 6. Now you would see a job that goes for as high as 16 connects. And you may not even get that job. Upwork should do something about this! We can't afford it 

sajal36
Community Member

I think it will not hep to the purpose of increasing the connects. Moreover expectation to have more connects is about to be able to apply for more jobs. Approach in this case will be like to have high volume of applications so that there are less unsuccessfull proposal and it keep reducing as you move forward. It is like you have (10-0 to 10000-20 or 100000-50) but to achieve this and further improve you might have to consume endless connects.

So it is better to have quality over quantity such as win one proposal and retain it as repeat business. 

i mean to say its doesnt make any sense getting just 80 connects for membership fee of $14...what is membership fee for? atleast make it 160-240 connects for the fees we are paying otherwise spending $10 every day on connects is very costly affair...

debi-f
Community Member

Hi,

I work here for 13 years now, and Upwork has changed, there are fewer invitations, more connects to apply, a lot of scammers, and even when you flag them, Upwork is not helping.

I don't pay a membership, I receive only 10 connects/month, and sometimes I don't even use them all. And, if I used them, I only buy 10 connects ($1.5) if I find a real job that fits well my skills, and I don't boost my bids. 

It seems that Upwork is doing its business selling connects, that's why there are jobs that require 16 connects, and they allow people to boost their bids with 50 connects or more. I think that if the client is serious, he will hire according to your skills and not to the amount of connects. Maybe, new freelancers that are searching for their first job buy and boost bids with up to 50 connects, even for scam jobs. And Upwork accepts it and doesn't identify and delete scammers before they post their scam jobs.  

tanocg
Community Member

The increasing requirement to purchase connects on Upwork, a platform traditionally used for freelance work, has led some to liken the experience to gambling.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members