cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

withdrawal from Upwork to Paypal Egypt

Abdullah S Member Since: Feb 10, 2015
1 of 5

i just heard that Paypal is working now in Egypt and we can recieve money to our Egyptian Paypal account , i want to know if any one tried to withdraw from Upwork to Paypal what is the fee ? i heard it's 3.4% from the received amount , is it the same fee even if we receive from Upwork ?? also anyone tried to withdraw the money from ATM in Egypt ,how much they count the $ in EGP?Untitled.jpg

Abdullah S Member Since: Feb 10, 2015
2 of 5

why no answer!!

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 5

Hi Abdullah,

Upwork charges $1 per withdrawal to PayPal. However, if the currency of your PayPal account is not US dollars, you will also be charged 2.5% currency conversion fee.

You may need to contact your local bank for more information about other fees asociated with withdrawing money from ATM.

Here is a help article with some useful information as well.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Kareem M Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
4 of 5

Hey Abduallah , 

i heard also that the paypal is working on Egypt , but with no luck ... but any way UpWork charges 1$ to transfare the money .. the problem will be when converting the money from the ATM .. the conversion rate will be the bank conversion rate and they will take their commision i think it`s between 3 to 4 % .. it will be better than the bank withdraw for sure .. it`s costing like 45$ every time u transfare money from UpWork .. if u find a way to make paypal work .. please let me know 

Kareem Mohamed
Mohammed I Member Since: Jan 22, 2016
5 of 5

You will be able to withdraw from Upwork to Paypal, but you won't be able to use your Paypal balance, i.e. you won't be able to send or shop using that balance.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS