🐈
» Forums » Profile Feedback » Profile Feedback
Page options
iftikharqazi
Community Member

Profile Feedback

Hi, Freelancers, I am new to Upwork and need your kind suggestion for my profile.

1 REPLY 1
celgins
Community Member

Hi Iftikhar,

Welcome to Upwork.

Here are my suggestions for your profile:

1) I think your hourly rate is a too low. You might be new to Upwork, but you are an expert design engineer and your hourly rate should mirror your real-world qualifications. Any client searching for an experienced 3D Design Engineer wants quality, and $5.00/hr screams low-quality. You are worth more than $5.00/hr, and I am seeing many 3D design engineers based in Pakistan with less experience than you, and they are between $20.00/hr - $40.00/hr, with $10K+ in earnings.

2) I recommend not using ALL CAPS in your title. Instead, it should be: Expert 3D Modeling/2D Designer/ Sheet Metal/ AutoCAD/SolidWorks

3) Avoid abbreviations that might not be standard or known to clients. For example, instead of "B Tech," use "Bachelor of Technology."

Also, use the first few sentences of your overview/summary to ensure clients understand your services--not your background. Clients come to Upwork with specific needs and they look for freelancers who can meet those needs and get results. You can mention your background later, but mention your services first.

When clients search for freelancers, only the first 200-250 characters of your summary are shown. This means you have very little space (approximately two short sentences) to get their attention. You want clients to see their goals (your services and success) in this small space. For example:

I'm a Design Engineer with Bachelor of Technology degree and 12 years of experience who can prioritize efficiency and organization by implementing 5S norms to streamline operations and enhance productivity within our industry. My hands-on experience and dedication to continuous learning allow me to deliver innovative solutions and drive projects to success.

Over the years, I've worn multiple hats, serving as a design engineer, fabrication supervisor, and machine shop supervisor. My expertise lies in diverse projects, including ducting for boilers, structural platforms, stairs, gear design, conveyor systems, and more. I excel in 3D modeling, converting drawings between 2D and 3D formats, and transforming hand-drawn sketches into precise AutoCAD and SolidWorks designs. Moreover, I hold certifications in MS Office automation, AutoCAD (2D and 3D), and SolidWorks.

I basically changed the order of your paragraphs to ensure clients see your services (their goals) first. When clients see their goals, they are more likely to click and read more.

4) Add short job descriptions to each job in your employment history. A job description is especially important when the job is highly relevant to the services you provide on Upwork. Upwork uses keywords in job titles and descriptions to match you with relevant jobs.

Your portfolio and skills list look great.

Good luck!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths