🐈
» Forums » Profile Feedback » Profile feedback please !
Page options
6264c62d
Community Member

Profile feedback please !

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

Fady,

I see good information your proifle, but it's not enough to convince clients to hire you. Here are a few suggestions:

Hourly Rate: Your rate is quiet low for a data analyst. Even if you only have a few years of experience, most data analysts based in Egypt are between $10.00/hr - $30.00/hr. If you use an extremely low hourly rate, clients will expect low quality results, and many will not hire a freelancer if they believe quality is lacking.

Overview/Summary: Your summary needs to go further to help clients understand your value. There are also grammatical corrections needed:

I am a data analyst with experience building reports for small and medium-size reports businesses. I have extensive experience developing and maintaining daily, weekly, monthly quarterly and annual sales and marketing reports.

As stated above, your summary needs more depth so that clients understand the benefits of hiring you. For example:

• Tell clients how you communicate and gather feedback from them to ensure the final deliverables meet their needs.
  • Mention that you stay informed of the latest developments, trends, and emerging technologies in data science, data visualization, and machine learning.
  • Talk about how you can uphold ethical standards, protect proprietary data/information, and use responsible practices for data collection and analysis.
  • Mention your time management and organizational skills.
  • Highlight any similar data analysis projects you have worked on and your accomplishments.
  • Talk about your ability to meet business challenges and adapt to changing or new requirements if necessary.

Clients are looking for reasons to choose you and the information you provide can help them better understand why they should hire you and how it will benefit them.

Portfolio: The item in your portfolio looks good, but I recommend adding one or two more items. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients, and clients like visuals. If you don’t have relevant examples to add to your portfolio, you can create items that demonstrate your skills.

Your skills, certifications, and employment history look good.

You should also consider adding a project catalog. The project catalog allows you to setup a pre-packaged service that clients can buy without you sending a proposal. Due to higher than usual requests for project catalogs, reviews and approvals are taking a minimum of 10 business days. Read Get Started With Project Catalog for more information.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
celgins
Community Member

Fady,

I see good information your proifle, but it's not enough to convince clients to hire you. Here are a few suggestions:

Hourly Rate: Your rate is quiet low for a data analyst. Even if you only have a few years of experience, most data analysts based in Egypt are between $10.00/hr - $30.00/hr. If you use an extremely low hourly rate, clients will expect low quality results, and many will not hire a freelancer if they believe quality is lacking.

Overview/Summary: Your summary needs to go further to help clients understand your value. There are also grammatical corrections needed:

I am a data analyst with experience building reports for small and medium-size reports businesses. I have extensive experience developing and maintaining daily, weekly, monthly quarterly and annual sales and marketing reports.

As stated above, your summary needs more depth so that clients understand the benefits of hiring you. For example:

• Tell clients how you communicate and gather feedback from them to ensure the final deliverables meet their needs.
  • Mention that you stay informed of the latest developments, trends, and emerging technologies in data science, data visualization, and machine learning.
  • Talk about how you can uphold ethical standards, protect proprietary data/information, and use responsible practices for data collection and analysis.
  • Mention your time management and organizational skills.
  • Highlight any similar data analysis projects you have worked on and your accomplishments.
  • Talk about your ability to meet business challenges and adapt to changing or new requirements if necessary.

Clients are looking for reasons to choose you and the information you provide can help them better understand why they should hire you and how it will benefit them.

Portfolio: The item in your portfolio looks good, but I recommend adding one or two more items. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients, and clients like visuals. If you don’t have relevant examples to add to your portfolio, you can create items that demonstrate your skills.

Your skills, certifications, and employment history look good.

You should also consider adding a project catalog. The project catalog allows you to setup a pre-packaged service that clients can buy without you sending a proposal. Due to higher than usual requests for project catalogs, reviews and approvals are taking a minimum of 10 business days. Read Get Started With Project Catalog for more information.

Good luck!

6264c62d
Community Member

Thank you so much. I have just recognized the grammatical errors in my "about" section. I am currently working on your comments to enhence my profile. Thank you so much again for taking time to review my profile and typing this comment. Really this is so helpful and I appreciate it so much.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths