Page options
680ded8f
Community Member

need profile feedback to improve my profile

Hi experienced freelancers, please take look at my profile

Im working on two categories

first is VA

and second is Game developer

can you provide pros and cons of my profile and how to imporvie my profile so I have higher chance of getting hired?

2 REPLIES 2
allpurposewriter
Community Member

Mahin,

Good start. But you say "Proven track record," and you are charging $5 per hour. That doesn't make any sense.

First, if you say "Proven track record," then prove it. Tell us about where you have had success. "I helped create a battle game for teenagers ...." or "I worked for Atomic Games Incorporated for five years and helped ...."

In other words, why say "Proven track record" and give no evidence that this is true? Where's the evidence? You have to provide some details of your past successes to prove to anyone what you say is true.

Then, if you have a proven track record, why would you ever stoop to charging $5 per hour? Nobody with a proven track record charges that small an amount.

Here's the trick. You think you are going to get work because you charge so little. But what you are saying by charging $5 per hour is that you don't think you are very good at what you do. Clients don't want to hire people who don't know what they are doing, so they avoid the $5 per hour freelancers thinking they have no skills or no confidence.

Look around Upwork and see what the going rate is for game developers. Then choose a rate that is somewhere in the middle, plus a little bit more. That's where your rate should be.

Good luck.

680ded8f
Community Member

thank you so much this is valuable for me

you figured it out completely right

because i wanted to get job I set my rate low

Latest Articles
Learning Paths