🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Desktop App shows 'Checking connection. Faile...
Page options
0 Upvotes

Desktop App shows 'Checking connection. Failed to fetch.'

Hi Valued members, 

Some users may experience issues having an error with the Desktop App. Please see this attached screenshot for your reference:

812dd08c_0-1683084109203.png

Our engineers are looking into these errors and working to address the issue that's causing them. We'll keep this thread updated with more information or if it's been resolved.

Edited to add information. 

Hi everyone, 

Thank you for your patience while we investigated your issue with the Upwork Time Tracker.

We are aware that some customers using Windows 7 have been unable to use the Upwork Time Tracker app and that some customers who enable TLS 1.2 on their local system are able to resolve the issue.

Please note that the Upwork Time Tracker App is compatible with the following Operating Systems:

• Windows 11 64-bit
  • Windows 10 64-bit
  • macOS 13 Ventura
  • Ubuntu 22.04 LTS 64 bit

For the best experience, we recommend using the app with one of these Operating Systems. Although the app may work with other versions, we don’t officially support them, which means that we are limited in the troubleshooting and resolutions we can provide.

If you are using a compatible Operating System and still having issues with the Time Tracker, please reply and let us know what version you are using and (if not previously provided) what you’re currently experiencing when trying to use the app.

37 Comments
parvesh_upwork
Community Member

Please resolve this issue as soon as, its urgent for me. my tracker is stop so please i request you.

deepalibhaskar
Community Member

Hello Pradeep,

I am getting the same issue, what is the solution please.

Thank you.

deepalibhaskar
Community Member

Here is the screenshot for this.

deepalibhaskar_0-1683012305732.png

759e32fa

Hi Parvesh,

I’m sorry but I won’t be able to assist you here further. Your ticket is assigned to the correct team, and they should be able to help you with your concern. I would recommend adding these to the same ticket thread so that the team has the correct information to assist you more efficiently. Please don’t hesitate to update the same ticket thread if you have further questions or concerns.

sherazahmed83
Community Member

I am Facing the same issue and the same error 

759e32fa

Hi Jasvir,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

mariah_jezzene
Community Member

Hello Sandeep, I've been having the same issue as well. Did you find a solution and do you mind sharing? Thank you!

mariah_jezzene
Community Member

Hi Rabia, I've been having the same issue as well. Did you find a solution and do you mind sharing? Thank you!

dsultana85
Community Member

I faced the same issue. I figured out that due to Windows 7 that problem created and when I installed windows 10 then it's ok.

dsultana85
Community Member

I faced the same problem. After upgraded windows 7 to windows 10 I see the problem solved.