🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Issue with Uploading Profile Photo/Picture
Page options

Issue with Uploading Profile Photo/Picture

We apologize for the interruption. The technical team is aware of the issue you're experiencing while uploading profile pictures and is working on fixing it as soon as possible.

UPDATE as of 15-JANUARY: 

Thank you for your patience, everyone. This issue should now be fixed. If you continue to experience the issue, please try basic troubleshooting steps such as clearing your cache and cookies. If you need further help, kindly reach out to the Upwork Support team to be assisted further. 

155 Comments
166d5420
Community Member

I am still having an issue with uploading the photo. 

I was using the app to create the profile and upload the photo, but when I wasn't able to upload the photo, I switched to Google Chrome. The problem still persisted. 

Even though the original photo I took was well under the 5 MB and under the 4,000 by 4,000 size, I still tried cropping down the photo to make it work. It still didn't work. 

b4fe1f34
Community Member

I cant upload any photo. The photo that I want to upload to my profile meets all the requirements they ask for. 

fb273745
Community Member

Why won't Upwork let me upload a profile picture? I have been trying for most of this morning to figure out why I can't upload a profile picture. There is a round circular icon with a plus sign which says "Add Portrait" and when I click on it, it goes to the my profile page. On that, a placeholder is shown for the photo with no way to upload a different one. Someone please help!

b160ea62
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Tulimar Quintero, and my associated email with my Upwork account is **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I am reaching out to you regarding a problem I am encountering while attempting to upload my profile photo on the platform.

My photo has all these: 

• It is at least 250 x 250 pixels
  • It is no more than 4000 x 4000 pixels 
  • The extension is .jpeg or .png 

Please find attached my photo. 

Best regard, 

66a785f1
Community Member

I am also having issues with this. Haven't been able to get help through the chat function either

05dc8f68
Community Member

Me too. Would sure love to earn some money for Upwork. Too bad I can't do that...

Community Member

I am also having issues uploading my profile photo. I have taken all of the recommended measures:

-This is an original un-altered photo of me

-Photo is minimally 250x250

-Photo size is 96.3 KB

-Tried using incognito mode

-Tried a different browse

-Cleared cookies and cash

Nothing has worked. Some assistance would be appreciated. 

2ee0002a
Community Member

Hi,

I'm having the same issue with the profile photo not uploading. How do i submit a support ticket? The link you shared above doesn't work.

Thanks

2ee0002a
Community Member

I am having the same issue. Please advise!

08e97f12
Community Member

Me too. The messages are same.