🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Issue with downloading files. Error: Failed t...
Page options

Issue with downloading files. Error: Failed to download this file (code 403)

Some users may experience issues with downloading files. Error message: ": Failed to download this file (code 403)"

Screenshot for reference below. 

NikolaS_0-1713168021920.png

We would like to let you know that we shared your reports with our engineers and they are working as fast as possible to resolve the issue. We will update this thread once we have more information. 

As a workaround, while this issue is being resolved you may want to try and download your files using the Desktop App or browser. 

Edited to update information. 4/17/2024

We would like to let you know that this issue is now resolved. We will close this thread from further comments. 

Thank you for your patience while this issue was being resolved. 

36 Comments
f9d58415
Community Member

Hey ArjayM, i am experiencing the same problem, did you guys find the solution and what is causing the issue?

d24ddc50
Community Member

I have been facing a problem since yesterday while downloading the attachments in the job descrition, when I click on the document attached to open, it says "Failed to download this file (code 403)".

Firstly I felt it is a specific post error but I am facing such a downloading problem for each and every attachment. Please suggest the solution immediately as there are many freelancers who are facing the same problem. Screenshot is attached as reference.

7cac7f9d
Community Member
Hi, I'm Solayman Upwork freelancer. I can not open files or download any files from Upwork messages. I have seen the error message like- Failed to download this file (code 403).

Now I face the problem for all client attachment files. I can't download and open the file. So I don't know what happened. Please help me how to solve the problem.

Thanks,
Regards
Solayman

ArjayM

Hi Filip and  Tiwo,

Thank you for reaching out to us and reporting this. We apologize for the trouble and inconvenience this may have caused. While we investigate this further, we received a confirmation from the team that you should be able to download shared files through your desktop browsers.

We'll keep you posted once we get the team's update. We would appreciate your patience and utmost understanding while we sort this out for you.

0240cc78
Community Member

I'm facing issue while downloading attachment from jobs. I'm attaching screenshots of error 

LuiggiR

Hi Hamza, W

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

25507bbe
Community Member

Iam having the same issue failed to download code 403 in the app messages from my designer. 

LuiggiR

Hi Zane,

I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. The team will continue to assist you further through your ticket. 

vice111
Community Member

Having the same problem, how can i fix this?

Keeps on having the "code403" error.

4f77a71c
Community Member

I am also facing the same problem "Failed to download the file (code 403)".