🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Issue with "Client's recent history" section
Page options

Issue with "Client's recent history" section

Some users may experience issues with the "Client's recent history" section. You may notice that it is only showing Jobs in Progress. 

We shared your reports with our team and our engineers are working as fast as possible to resolve it. We will update this thread as soon as we have more information. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Edited to add information. (06.06.2023) 

Hi All,

In an effort to clear any confusion, we would like to clarify that the "Client's recent history" section showing only Jobs in Progress is not a test or intentional update. This is a technical issue and we are working as fast as possible to resolve it.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we are working on resolving this issue.

Edited to update information. 06/21/2023

We would like to let you know that this issue is now resolved. Feel free to let us know if the issue persists on your end and we will be happy to assist you further. 

72 Comments
mar_work
Community Member

Is this a bug or a new feature? I do not understand at all that a customer's opinion history has disappeared. Reviews are "critical" in deciding who we should work with. It is very important to read what other workers think of the customers, and it is also important to see what kind of reviews these customers provide. It really surprises me if this is part of a new function or feature.

designatedsamin
Community Member

Previously, there was a tab that allowed me to view the freelancers a client had hired and the feedback (in the form of stars & mutual feedback lines) a freelancer had given to the client. However, I can no longer locate that window. Instead, I can find the client's ongoing jobs in a tab called "Client History." I'm uncertain whether this change is a glitch or an update.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

meshias
Community Member

As others have already responded, I am referring to reviews. I don't care about the client's name or their business name. I care about what other freelancers have said about working with them in the past. Why can I not see reviews???

meshias
Community Member

You, myself, and another freelancer have all now made posts on this and no one from Upwork seems to have (or be willing to give) an answer, which leads me to believe it is an "update". An unfortunate and horrible one, it seems. 

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Removing-the-Hire-History-section-is-a-bad-bad-idea/m-p/...

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Support-Forum/Unable-to-see-Client-reviews-or-history-completed-jobs... 

PradeepH

Hello Community members,

We appreciate your feedback and your efforts to bring this issue to our attention. Our team is working hard to find out the cause and the solution to this problem. We will keep you updated on the progress and the outcome of our investigation. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

- Pradeep

farrukh_abdur
Community Member

Yes, the client's review history is not showing. Only the progress ones are listed. Thank you for sharing this issue. This should be fixed.

I think the only way to identify at this time to find out problematic clients is by looking at the star ratings. Looks like clients get the most benefit in this case while freelancers are stuck in keeping their feedback review scores always high in any condition to stay relevant.

artist78
Community Member

Agree with you, Mark. Seeing ridiculous amounts of upto 50 connects being boosted for not so spectacular job posts. They should refund all connects for all jobs that there are no hires, no contact with even one freelancer. If we are paying for applying for jobs/ paying to boost our applications then in return the jobs should be genuine and worth it and if not, one should get a full refund as in any other business service one would pay for.

zeri13
Community Member

So are we not able to see clients reviews anymore? 

petrameb
Community Member

Thank you! Oh THANK YOU! I got really worried here.

phuongpt
Community Member

They just want to protect the platform by hiding "something"