🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Issue with receiving Upwork Events & Webinars...
Page options

Issue with receiving Upwork Events & Webinars: Announcements from Upwork in messages center

Some users may experience issues with receiving Upwork Events & Webinars: Announcements from Upwork in Message Center after unsubscribing from emails. The screenshot for reference is below. 

egaruth_0-1687545963647.png

We would like to let you know that we shared your reports with our engineers and they are working as fast as possible to resolve it. We will update this thread once we have more information. 

Edited to update information. 09/12/2023

We would like to let you know that this issue is now resolved.

Thank you for your patience. 

71 Comments
PradeepH

Hi Tiffany,

I am sorry to hear that you are still receiving announcements messages. I will forward your feedback to the relevant team. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

hoyle_editing
Community Member

Id also like to be removed from the Upwork spam list please.

I have no interest in learning about the webinars Upwork seem to invest more resources in than the actual freelance job side of things.

PradeepH

Hi Jonathan,

I have shared your request to manually unsubscribe you from our events and marketing communication through Upwork messages and emails. It may take a few weeks though before it takes effect especially if there is communication that is already initiated prior to unsubscribing you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

the-right-writer
Community Member

Upwork agreed to stop spamming many of us. Well, that lasted for two weeks, and now my messages are clogged again with ridiculous ads for irrelevant and spam Upwork ads. Learn how to work with clients, get your first job, use all the skills, etc., etc.

As I said before, enough! I don't understand why you can't figure out target messages, but you can't or won't. Get the spam out of my messages, so I can see the clients!

spectralua
Community Member

Is actual!

kfarnell
Community Member

What Jeanne said. I'm still getting them. It's been a month since I was told it would stop. I don't hustle sideways, or indeed in any direction. It's illegal to send marketing messages with no opportunity to opt out. It's beyond rude to tell people they've been enabled to opt out and do nothing about it.

I can't understand why you're confused. Please read this slowly. I do not want these messages and under GDPR I have the right to opt out. I want these messages to stop - now.

geri_kol
Community Member

Friends, the new season of Black Mirror came out a few days ago. The first episode - "Joan is Awful" - was great. No spoilers for those who haven't seen it yet, but for those who have, imagine if we could be surprised with "Upwork is Awful" when we enter this forum - and Upwork not being able to stop it. Ha! I bet it would be enthralling to watch why Upwork is refusing to relieve us of its stupid corporate webinar spam, while also looking for every which way to nickle and dime freelancers (its primary monetization method now seems to be extracting money from users rather than creating the conditions to successfully match clients and freelancers). Just putting this thought out there... quamputer, do your magic! 

motoyen
Community Member

Please remove me as well. 

hoyle_editing
Community Member

Thank you - though i must say i find it perplexing that it can take 'weeks' to stop receiving such spam. I dont understand why Upwork seem to insist on using such archaic systems and procedures for things that should be really very simple!

Though, the use of such systems across the site go some way to explaining why Upwork appear to be in a financial hole!

NikolaS
Status changed to: Resolved

Hi All,

I would like to let you know that this issue is now resolved.