🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Issues with Hiring/Making payments
Page options
0 Upvotes

Issues with Hiring/Making payments

We are investigating reports that some users may be receiving an error when attempting to hire, or make payments. Our engineers are looking into these errors and working to address the issue that's causing them. We will provide another update here and on the Upwork Status Page as soon as possible. We seek your patience and utmost understanding. Thank you!

812dd08c_2-1695670262168.png

812dd08c_1-1695670192747.png

Update: 

This issue is now resolved!

14 Comments
e35bca23
Community Member

I'm trying to hire a freelancer - I made the payment two times and both times it was debited from my account but not updated on the contract just keep refrashing the page again - for one transaction I received an email that says that we received the payment but still not updated - what should I do in this case..?

saiddon
Community Member

Hi, 

Same problem. Hiring a freelancer and the processing page keeps loading indefinitely. Payment has been debited from my bank card and I can see the it reflected in my Transaction History. No email from upwork confirming payment and can't proceed to give freelancer contract instructions.

Someone please help us.

05da3fa2
Community Member

My cc was charged twice by the app for the same project. How can I cancel/get a refund?

1d53180e
Community Member

1d53180e_0-1695671860718.png  Look forward to any suggestions or guidance.

96c16dd7
Community Member

We are trying to hire a couple of freelancers, but there seems to be a glitch in the platform that doesn't allow us to send the offer. We've tried to make the payments though different upwork accounts, and different browser servers, but nothing has helped. Is there a glitch going on?

frankchipman
Community Member

I was able to access my account literally minutes ago and now I have no access.

0d870c89
Community Member

I can not accept an invite.

error.PNG

727c58e8
Community Member

Hi,

I've got the same error when trying to hire a freelancer just now. Attempted 3 times across Safari and Chrome browsers and got the error message each time. First time the payment page just kept reloading/refreshing until i pressed 'back'. My account however has been debited for the first milestone and i got an upwork email to confirm this also. Nothing shows in my Hires/Contracts on Upwork however. 

Also concerned i may get charged for the first milestone multiple times considering i tried a few times and have already been charged once. 

On your status page it says this was fixed yesterday but its obviously still an issue. 

Thanks,

Simmy

Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 16.51.48.png

41829e63
Community Member

Trying to hire and keep getting this error message. The page also kept loading and loading then eventually I recevied the error message. 

Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 12.09.48 PM.png

757dc6c4
Community Member

Having this issue going back to yesterday...

Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 12.54.57 PM.png