🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Unable to accept an offer: "An error has occu...
Page options

Unable to accept an offer: "An error has occurred..."

Our engineers are working on improving error messages in cases like this to make them more descriptive and helpful.

Meanwhile, if you're experiencing an error like this with sending or accepting an offer, please make sure:

• your and your client's accounts are in good standing
  • you don't have any account holds or notifications from the team in the help center
  • your client added a billing address and a valid payment method with sufficient amount to fund the offer

Edited to update information. 08/10/2023

We would like to let you know that error messages are now improved and should be much more informative and helpful. 

40 Comments
kashi09
Community Member

Hi everyone,

Please I need urgent help, I posted this here yesterday but got no replies from anyone, I got a new job offer from client, when I go to accept the offer it keeps popping a message that says "An error has occurred please try again later", I've contacted support no replies yet, please can anyone help me

xcoltrane1
Community Member

I am having the same problem. This problem is stated in many places in the support forums, but I cannot find any solutions. It would be nice if there was a human that could be contacted at Upwork instead of their Chatbot. I am posting this just to see if anything comes of this thread. Thanks if anyone can help.

AndreaG

Hi Robert,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

a7200f6c
Community Member

Hi, every one. I am facing a similar problem. I am not able to accept the offecer, it says a technical error has occured and I should try later. But it does not work. Please, may anyone help me?

Thank you all in advance. 

Kind regards

AndreaG

Hi Douglas,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

73d704b5
Community Member

Hi, I'm also having the same problem. Whenever I try to accept an offer, I get this error "An error has occurred. Please try again later".

ArjayM

Hi Hesham,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

danzeek
Community Member

I'm getting the same message and I'd really appreciate if someone at Upwork could help us all. I've already filed a ticket but still no replies

ArjayM

Hi Danilo,

Thank you for reaching out. I can also see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

PradeepH

Hi Kashif,

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep