🐈
» Support » Known Issues and Workarounds » Unable to accept an offer: "An error has occu...
Page options

Unable to accept an offer: "An error has occurred..."

Our engineers are working on improving error messages in cases like this to make them more descriptive and helpful.

Meanwhile, if you're experiencing an error like this with sending or accepting an offer, please make sure:

• your and your client's accounts are in good standing
  • you don't have any account holds or notifications from the team in the help center
  • your client added a billing address and a valid payment method with sufficient amount to fund the offer

Edited to update information. 08/10/2023

We would like to let you know that error messages are now improved and should be much more informative and helpful. 

40 Comments
a2393f07
Community Member

hello friends can you give me some work  

231129cf
Community Member
yes i do your work
1779e976
Community Member

Hi, got an offer however I can't accept offer, it say's:  It seems like we ran into an unexpected problem with this offer. Please ask the client to withdraw it and create a new one, or contact Upwork support. Hoping someone can guide me with this issue.

upwork support complain.jpg

a7f420c5
Community Member
Hoping someone can guide me with this issue.
anikkhan1991
Community Member

Hello Upwork team,

I have spent connects on job offers, only 3 customers have responded to me by message.
I still haven't had any refunds of connects and no connects have been rewarded. What should I do?

Thank you for your help,
Md Mabud Sarker Anik

NikolaS
Status changed to: Known Issue

Hi All, 

I would like to let you know that error messages are now improved and should be much more informative and helpful. 

Thank you for your patience. 

NikolaS
Status changed to: Resolved

afaeb17f
Community Member

Screenshot 2023-08-23 175622.png

hi team, 

Whenver I try to accept any offer, it reflect error. Please help me for the same. Due to this I am unable to accept any offers i received 

krlapotin
Community Member

I repeatedly have this issue whenever I try to accept an offer, but there is NOTHING wrong with my account. Please advise ASAP!

7046797c
Community Member

Hello, I am unable to accept an offer and it shows- "It seems like we ran into an unexpected problem with this offer. Please ask the client to withdraw it and create a new one, or contact Upwork support". Please support me resolving this issue.