🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » 5 Career Hacks To Start On Upwork
Page options
aerongraphics
Community Member

5 Career Hacks To Start On Upwork

I'm Ehsan. I am an experienced Brand Identity Design and Web Expert.

I have helped more than 200 Clients to increase the quality of their Web Projects and Making High Sales in the Business.

I rely on Upwork as my primary source of income. And I am determined to earn on the local market at least $50k in 2023. So I have no choice but to find opportunities to grow.

1- In the beginning, focus less on the money and more on getting positive ratings and job history on your profile.
2- Look at the job posting. If at the bottom of it, you see number of freelancers needed, then that’s the one you should apply to.
3- In the first line of every proposal you send, write something like: I can see you’re looking for [insert’s client’s requirements].
4- Open their job posting. Scroll to the bottom where freelancers have given reviews to this client. There’s a good chance you’ll find the prospect’s name in one of the reviews.
5- As a freelancer, you get to decide how valuable you are, not your clients. If you know your value, clients can’t bring you down.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d9fc6d8d
Community Member

1. You should never work for less than what you're willing to work for. If you lower your rate too much just to get your first job, there's a risk future clients will then want to pay you that lower rate as well.

2. ?

3. That's one of the most generic opening lines and it won't bring you much success.

4. Good tip.

5. Good tip. Also, it contradicts your first tip.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
d9fc6d8d
Community Member

1. You should never work for less than what you're willing to work for. If you lower your rate too much just to get your first job, there's a risk future clients will then want to pay you that lower rate as well.

2. ?

3. That's one of the most generic opening lines and it won't bring you much success.

4. Good tip.

5. Good tip. Also, it contradicts your first tip.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths