🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
AndreaG

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

UPDATE: Check out the new Get Profile Feedback board!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was closed as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great news, everyone! 👏  Due to the overwhelming success of this thread, we've created an entire board dedicated to profile feedback. This allows each freelancer to start a dedicated thread requesting feedback which makes it easier to manage for all involved parties. Check out the new Get Profile Feedback board!

Due to the new board, we've blocked new replies on this post. If you're still waiting for feedback, please post a thread in the new board. 😁

Cheers,
Mike

View solution in original post

1,156 REPLIES 1,156
2297e2bc
Community Member

Welcome one and all-

Good luck and happy hunting.

Dear Upwork Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to kindly request your valuable input on my Upwork profile. As a dedicated professional striving for continuous improvement, I believe that constructive feedback from experienced peers can be incredibly beneficial.

If you have a moment, could you please review my profile and provide any insights or suggestions that could enhance my visibility and attractiveness to potential clients? Your expertise and perspectives are highly appreciated, as I aim to refine my presentation and service offerings.

Here is the link to my profile: Jan Suchanek 

Thank you for your help
Jan

Hi All, Can you please review my profile give suggestion to improve so that i can attract client more professionally. I have recently joined upwork and i have great skills with good experience as well. 
Here is my profile link: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01c9149248b5027d9b

Thanks,
Fiaz Ahmad

I see that your profile is very complete, clear and concise, the client can be very well guided by what you offer.

From my point of view the only thing I would add to make it more attractive is to describe more of your skills.

I wish you success

Hi All, Can you please review my profile give suggestion to improve so that i can attract client more professionally. I have recently joined upwork and i have great skills with good experience as well. 
Here is my profile link: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01fdde971039ed6393

Thanks,
Daria

Hi Daria,

Please reset your profile visibility to the public, and then I'll highlight the sections we need to improve.
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003975967-Profile-Changed-to-Private

Regards,
Usama

Daria, Your profile is private.

Hello Daria
Your profile is private. Maybe you are not active in upwork or not bidding regular basis. Please contact support to active your profile. Make sure your profile is 100% Complete with your valid information. 
Best of luck 

Okay

wrote:

Dear Upwork Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to kindly request your valuable input on my Upwork profile. As a dedicated professional striving for continuous improvement, I believe that constructive feedback from experienced peers can be incredibly beneficial.

If you have a moment, could you please review my profile and provide any insights or suggestions that could enhance my visibility and attractiveness to potential clients? Your expertise and perspectives are highly appreciated, as I aim to refine my presentation and service offerings.

Here is the link to my profile: Jan Suchanek 

Thank you for your help
Jan

I would also appreciate a feedback for my profile. Please bare in mind that this 1-star review is from a really awful client and I wouldn't want any more feedback on that, because I already learnt my lesson. Besides, they did it for revenge and I reported their profile for seeking contact outside of the platform and not paying me for extra work.

For anything else please review my profile here: 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01f0a9d56eb02b3de8

Any advice will be kindly accepted and implemented.

Hi everyone, I recently joined upwork and I have high skills with good experience as well.
Could you please review my profile give suggestion to improve so that I can attract client more professionally.  

Here is my profile link: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01f91d04c3d442422e

Thanks,
Milos

Dear Upwork Community,

Good day! I’m Ronaldo Cabardo, new to Upwork, and reaching out for your expert advice to improve my profile. Despite actively seeking opportunities, I haven't secured any client engagements to date. I’m eager to learn from your experiences to enhance my visibility and appeal.

Could you kindly review my profile and share insights or suggestions? Your feedback is invaluable as I strive to optimize my presentation and services.

Profile link: [Ronaldo C.]

Thank you for considering my request and for any guidance you can provide.

Best regards,

Ronaldo Cabardo

I've been struggling to find consistent work on Upwork. Any advice on how to stand out and land projects? Thanks in advance for any help

Hello, nice to meet you, I'm new to this, do you have the install source program for upwork for freelancer android? Can you send me a copy, thanks!

My email:

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi everyone! I'm looking for feedback on my account as well. My goal is to do this part time to meet some entrepreneurs and get the opportunity to help build and improve many different businesses through my experience with startups and in the finance industry.

Best,
Kody

Hi everyone,

I would appreciate some feedback on my profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/derrickhatcher?viewMode=1

Thanks in advance,

Derrick

Can you please help me get first job on upwork? I have submitted proposals regularly but none of them working.

Okay

dear  Upwork community,

As I am a beginner at this platform I am not getting a project and I want a profile review please reach out and help me

Hello,

I'm reaching out for your valuable input on my profile. As a dedicated professional, I believe constructive feedback from experienced peers can enhance my visibility and appeal to clients. Your insights on my presentation and service offerings are highly appreciated.

Here's the link to my profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01b6c4f60748b981c6?mp_source=share 

Thank you for your time and expertise!

Hi everyone, I have been trying to get work on upwork for a while now, however it's been quite an interesting journey. Would someone help me review my profile and recommend any changes or updates. This will be highly appereciated.

Thank you.

b2d9dc21
Community Member

Hello, 

Greetings!

Kindly review my profile, I am unable to make it public though. 

Regards,

Disha 

celgins
Community Member

Hello Disha,

Other freelancers are unable to view your profile when it's set to Private. A moderator might see this message and assist in setting your profile to Public. Or, post a message in the Support Forum where the moderators should see it and assist.

b2d9dc21
Community Member

Thank you so much Clark S, I will check the above page and do the neccessary changes. 

Thankyou

🤚

b2d9dc21
Community Member

Hello Clark, 

Greetings!

My profile is set to public and it's visible for reviewing. 

Regards,

Disha

celgins
Community Member

Hi Disha,

Thanks for setting your profile visibility. I looked through each section of your profile and here are a few changes I would make:

Title: Your title is okay, but I recommend only using skill areas and removing words like "in," "the," and "of." For example: Expert Web/Mobile Apps Tester (Android, iOS Platform)

Overview/Summary: The beginning of your summary will be more appealing to clients if your start with an introduction using a conversational tone. The information in your list is good, but you want to tell clients about your services and how you can help them.

First, remove "Professional Summary." Why? Because only the first 200-250 characters of your summary are shown to clients when they search for freelancers. This means you have very little space to get their attention. You want clients to see their goals (your services) in this small space--not headings or any unnecessary words. Then, use a conversational tone to start your summary:

With 12+years of real-world software industry experience in testing software products and projects, I perform functionality, usability, and performance tests for web and mobile apps (Android, iOS Platform). I'm an expert in requirement analysis, test estimations, preparing Test Plans, Test Cases/Scenarios, peer reviews, test execution, and preparing defect summary reports and Test Closure reports.

You can change things the way you like, but you get the general idea--use sentences and a conversational tone to tell clients what you can do. The reason to mention this early is because clients see the first 200+ characters and they should see your services in those 200 characters.

Portfolio: Add a portfolio to show samples of previous work or to demonstrate your skills. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients. If you don’t have relevant examples to add to your portfolio, you can create items that demonstrate your skills.

Employment History: Add short job descriptions to each job in your employment history. A job description is especially important when the job is highly relevant to the services you provide on Upwork. Upwork uses keywords in job titles and descriptions to match you with relevant jobs.

Project Catalog: You should also consider adding a project catalog. The project catalog allows you to setup a pre-packaged service that clients can buy without you sending a proposal. Due to higher than usual requests for project catalogs, reviews and approvals are taking a minimum of 10 business days. Read Get Started With Project Catalog for more information.

You have a lot of good experience and skill information, and services in your summary, so clients should understand how you can help them. Using a conversational tone will make it sound more personable, which will hopefully convince clients to hire you.

b2d9dc21
Community Member

Hello Clark,

Greetings!

Thank you very much for taking out time and reviewing my profile.

I really appreciate the detailed feedback and changes shared above by you, I will update my profile sections accordingly.

Thank you once again. Have a great day!

Regards,

Disha 

You can make your profile public by going to settings.
Click on Preferences
Set profile visibility to Public.

❤️

okay

98ad7340
Community Member

Please check my profile and give me suggestion if anything need to improve..

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/anjuj7 

celgins
Community Member

Anju,

I think your profile looks good.

I typically recommend freelancers not include greetings and names in the first two sentences of their overview/summary: "Hey there! I'm Anju Jaswani" I recommend this because only the first two sentences of your summary (approximately 200-250 characters) are shown to clients when they search for freelancers. This means you have very little space to grab their attention, and you want to fit as many important words as possible in that space. You don't want to waste space with greetings and names.

Also, add a short job description to the position in your employment history. A job description is especially important when the job is highly relevant to the services you provide on Upwork. Upwork uses keywords in job titles and descriptions to help match you with relevant jobs.

Everything else looks good.

98ad7340
Community Member

Thanks.

Yes, it will be helpful for me, I will take care about it.

Yes

6fd99783
Community Member

Hi there.
Kindly review my profile.
Thanks
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0121f16a1e01e13a64

Awais,

Your write-up is very commercial-looking and says all the right things, but it is not technically a profile. It sounds more like an advertisement.

It might work fine, but you sound pretty much like everybody else. Remember, there are 12-13 million freelancers on Upwork and I would say about a third of them are web developers. So, if you sound like everybody else, it may be that you will wait in line with 3-4 million other developers to get a job. 

I suggest you use a narrative aproach. Studies show that stories make your writing much more memorable. You have written several long lists of programs you know. I don't think many people actually read lists like that and if they do they are not easy to remember, while a story -- a narrative -- is much easier to remember.

Anyway, this question should be cut: "Are you looking for a skilled and experienced computer science student who can help you create beautiful and functional websites, stunning graphics designs, and eye-catching email templates? Look no further!"

Anyone reading your profile already knows they are looking for a competent web developer ... so what's the point of asking them that question? You know the answer. They know the answer, too. So, why are you asking them that?

Next, 2+ years of experience is not very much. I would take out the "2+" and just say you have experience. Saying you have 2+ years of experience to me sounds like you saying you are pretty new at this. Clients think people who are new at this are high risk. So, I would  change that.

Your style of profile might work fine .... perhaps you should wait for a month or two and see how it works for you. There are AI-generated profiles and some seem to be doing all right. I think the narrative style is the way to go, but your style might work, too.

Good luck.

f69747f6
Community Member

Hello,

I would appreciate it if you could evaluate my profile. Any feedback would be valued.

Additionally, I have submitted five project proposals but have not received any responses from clients yet. I need some guidance on how to effectively approach potential clients.

My Upwork profile link is https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/mdsabbirh68

Regards,
Sabbir Hossain

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths