🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » 50 free connects
Page options
d38e3a8b
Community Member

50 free connects

I recently signed up as a new freelancer on Upwork and I am eager to start applying for jobs. However, I have noticed that I have not yet received the initial 50 connects that are typically provided to new freelancers to help them get started on the platform.

Could you please assist me in understanding why I have not received these connects? Is there an additional step I need to complete or a requirement I might have overlooked?

Thank you for your assistance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

Upwork currently requires new freelancers to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement you will also receive 50 free Connects to further help you get started on Upwork.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

897 REPLIES 897
a6fc736b
Community Member

Hi, I'm new to upwork, they used to give free connects, isn't it now?

for 50 free connects you have to buy their memership plan for connects or you have to buy connects for 15 dollars in order to receive 50 free connects.

Okay, I got it. Thank you

14d82d64
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support,

I'm writing to follow up on my Upwork freelancer profile. I completed it several weeks ago and am eager to start working with clients. However, I haven't yet received confirmation that my profile has been reviewed and activated.

Additionally, I understand that new freelancers receive 50 free Connects to use when submitting proposals. I haven't seen these Connects credited to my account yet.

Would you be able to check the status of my profile review and confirm if I should have received Connects?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Sincerely,

Hello Mohammadamin,

I can confirm that your account is already active. Additionally, Upwork currently requires new freelancers to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement you will also receive 50 free Connects to further help you get started on Upwork.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
14c03bec
Community Member

I have app work account since 4 to 5 days but still not able to connect why ? Will I receive the bill after the due date?

Please clarify more your query.

Hi Shakilur,

Upwork currently requires new freelancers to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement you will also receive 50 free Connects to further help you get started on Upwork.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
b1ac7e71
Community Member

Hey i created my account for almost 2 weeks and i heared that we get about 50 free connections at the start but i didn't get any 
looking forward for your support

celgins
Community Member

Upwork now requires new freelancers to subscribe to Freelancer Plus for $20 USD/month or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD to submit their first proposal. After you fulfill this requirement, you will also get the 50 free Connects that freelancers traditionally receive when signing up.

a2314912
Community Member

I am a newbie and signed up for Upwork(as freelancer). I have completed my profile 100%, but I still have not received free connects.

Hi same with me. I didn't even get a confirmation mail from upwork 

celgins
Community Member

Upwork now requires new freelancers to subscribe to Freelancer Plus for $20 USD/month or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD to submit their first proposal. After you fulfill this requirement, you will also get the 50 free Connects that freelancers traditionally receive when signing up.

167f5809
Community Member

Hello Upwork team,

It seems to me that I haven't received the free connections after logging in. It's been more than 48 hours since I signed up, and I haven't received them yet. Could you please help me?

Thank you,

Hi, I have the same question, also i would like to know why can't I get my account verified I can't find the verification menu in my settings 

Hi , I have same issue i do haven't received any connects from freelancer basic plan it's already been up to 2 -3 days, i want help 

thank you

Hi Thu, Ayoub, and Sujal,

Upwork currently requires new freelancers to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement you will also receive 50 free Connects to further help you get started on Upwork.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
e778a433
Community Member

It seems to me that I haven't received the free connections after logging in. It's been more than 23 hours since I signed up, and I haven't received them yet. Could you please help me? i really need to work

Hi Natnael,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e778a433
Community Member

so i may not get my free connects unless  i subscribe to freelancer plus membership or  purchase 100 connects right?

f7464ade
Community Member

Hi!
This is me. Tayyab Ayas, the founder of Sincere Mechanic. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I completed my profile on June 13, and now it has been more than 4 days and I still have not received the free 50 connects from Upwork.

Kindly consider my request and take action as soon as you can!

Regards, 

Tayyab Ayas

ebb822b9
Community Member

Hello,Moderator 

I just created accounts with Upworks but unfortunately  I got  zero  connect as a new freelancer . Have  you made any changes to  connects  as new freelancer  since it used to be 50 connect as new worker?

Hi Daniel,

Yes, you are required to do one of two things before being able to submit a proposal for a job: subscribe to our Freelancer Plus membership plan for $20 USD a month, or purchase 100 Connects for $15 USD. After you fulfill this requirement you will also receive 50 free Connects to further help you get started on Upwork.

- Pradeep

Upwork
446994fa
Community Member

I am new to this and I did not get my free connects after login. What should I do.

Stand patient for a few days. New accounts are sluggish to get settled in.

Must be that 1982 server they have!

Anyway, you can buy a few. You will have to eventually anyway and get the jobs rolling.

USUING CONNECTS is a whole scu=ience that I am going to write a book on (maybe)

In the meantime - your profile could use a lot more information and polishing.

Good Luck!

43f4e0d3
Community Member

Hello

It's been more than 48 hours since I joined upwork and didn't get connects, still it's showing zero connects. 

Please help me. 

Thank you. 

hey I have the same issue , Unfortunately I found that we have to buy 100 connects for 15$ and then they will charge extra 50 connects🙄

There are NO free connects any longer. To receive 50 connects from Upwork, you need to either: a) subscribe to the Freelancer Plus membership ($20 per month) or b) buy 100 connects directly from Upwork for $15. Once you do either, Upwork will add 50 free connects on top.

72c44905
Community Member

Doesnt Upwork give free Connects to new freelancers any more ?
Usually Upwork gave free connect as you signed up , completed your profile and passed Upwork Accademy before.

Why It's policy  gets harder for freelancers every day

There are NO free connects any longer. To receive 50 connects from Upwork, you need to either: a) subscribe to the Freelancer Plus membership ($20 per month) or b) buy 100 connects directly from Upwork for $15. Once you do either, Upwork will add 50 free connects on top.

442753fe
Community Member

I am a new user for the app, its been a week and i did not get connects. 

Please your response ASAP. 

There are NO free connects any longer. To receive 50 connects from Upwork, you need to either: a) subscribe to the Freelancer Plus membership ($20 per month, you can cancel it, however) or b) buy 100 connects directly from Upwork for $15. Once you do either, Upwork will add 50 free connects on top.

4fd42f5d
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community,

I recently joined Upwork and have been excited to start my freelancing journey here. However, I noticed that I haven't received the initial free connects that are typically provided to new users.

Is there a specific step I might have missed during the sign-up process, or is there an issue with my account that needs to be addressed? Any guidance on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your support!

Best regards,

Maham Abidupwork.png

Hello Maham,

1d47b7ad
Community Member

Hello, I opened an upwork account like a week ago and I am yet to receive my first free connects. I have also verified my withdrawal method. 

3a36d2ae
Community Member

I joined upwork recently and I have completed and sibmitted my profile few days ago,But I did not receve my initial 50 free connects in the basic plan. Can someone please help me?

same thing with me. din't recieve 50 free connects yet.

same with me

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths