🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Any alternatives for Profile Pictures?
Page options
shizunechune
Community Member

Any alternatives for Profile Pictures?

I'm new here and this is just a personal problem but is there a way I can use one of my artworks to use as a Profile picture rather than my own face. I am realy uncomfortable to show my face and I would prefer not to use my own face if I can. I know it sounds miniscule but its a high concern for me. 

It's not because of religeous reasons but I just prefer not to show my face.

3 REPLIES 3
mtngigi
Community Member

Shizune B wrote:

I'm new here and this is just a personal problem but is there a way I can use one of my artworks to use as a Profile picture rather than my own face. I am realy uncomfortable to show my face and I would prefer not to use my own face if I can. I know it sounds miniscule but its a high concern for me. 

It's not because of religeous reasons but I just prefer not to show my face.

If you want your profile to be accepted, you need to include a photo. Upwork will not make an exception for one person, or it would have to do so for all of us. Artwork or logos are not allowed.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shizune, 

In order to be able to confidently verify your account when requested, users are requested to upload a profile picture that matches the picture in any of your government-issued ID. In this help article, we have stated that the information on any of the documents you submit should match the information on your Upwork profile. As such, we will need to be able to match the identity documents you have submitted with the information on your Upwork profile. I kindly request that you please upload a photo on your Upwork profile so that you should the team find the need to verify your account, you can continue with the verification process. 

~ Avery
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Any alternatives for Profile Pictures?"

Yes.

There are many alternatives.

Many freelance work platforms and many websites do not require users to post a photo of themselves. They allow users to post no photo at all, or to use artwork, an avatar, photos of other people, etc.

If Upwork's requirements do not match your personal preferences, then these other sites may be acceptable alternatives for you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths