🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Blue badge of English Fluency.
Page options
MD Abdul A Community Member

Blue badge of English Fluency.

Hello sir,

I am really interested to get the blue badge of English fluency.
From Upwork is there any way to get the badge on my profile?

I did not participate in the IELTS exam yet but I have got the Aptis certification from the British council, Is it enough to get the blue badge for English fluency?

I am attaching a screenshot to ensure you exactly what I am seeking.

Thank You.

Abdul Alim

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Preston H Community Member

I commend the original poster if he wants to improve his English language skills or test those skills or demonstrate those skills.

How much does it matter? I don't know. He is a graphic designer.

As a client who has hired graphic designers... I look at their portfolios. I probably would not notice an English language proficiency badge when hiring a graphic designer, but maybe other clients WOULD notice.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi MD Abdul,

You can get the verification badge next to your English language by taking the new English Certification Test, by Duolingo. You will be taking the test on Duolingo, but can post the results on Upwork! Here are instructions to take the test:

Go to http://testcenter.duolingo.com.

Take the English certification test. It'll take 20 minutes, and will incur a cost of $49. You'll need a valid photo ID and a webcam. It's available on Android, iOS, and Chrome desktop.

After taking the test, you can add it to your profile by clicking Share Certificate > Upwork.

Once done, you'll see a "Certification Badge" on your profile, and your English language proficiency will be marked "verified."

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Preston H Community Member

I commend the original poster if he wants to improve his English language skills or test those skills or demonstrate those skills.

How much does it matter? I don't know. He is a graphic designer.

As a client who has hired graphic designers... I look at their portfolios. I probably would not notice an English language proficiency badge when hiring a graphic designer, but maybe other clients WOULD notice.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths