🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Charging me without my approval
Page options
1aa64127
Community Member

Charging me without my approval

I am a client and my client did work for me. She didnt keep track with any tasks she just put a number of hours she worked and I was charged without approving. Is this how upwork usually works because I should be able to approve payment after I receive the proper information from her first. What is she charging me for? No one knows. I never had to deal with this under Elance. Is there a setting I don't know about or is Upwork working on fixing this?

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

It sounds like you allowed manual hours on the contract. Don't do that, only allow tracking, which allows you to see screenshots (6 per hour) to see what she is working on.

You can dispute manual hours. 

PradeepH

Hi Randall,

Thank you for your message. I see that you are referring to the active Hourly contract on your account. Please note that all Hourly contracts are billed on a weekly basis. Freelancers can log hours each week until midnight UTC on Sundays. The hours logged are billed automatically every Monday and you have until Friday to review the work diary of the freelancer and file a dispute if necessary. The funds are released to the freelancer the following Wednesday. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths