cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Preferences - Location and Skills Filter Not Working?

Doug M Member Since: Aug 3, 2017
1 of 4

Every time I post a job having filtered for a specified location and certain skills, I get the opposite of what I requested. For example, I set the default to Europe, instead I get five people applying from Bangledesh (which is in Asia). Is there some fault with the filter system? 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

@Doug M wrote:

Every time I post a job having filtered for a specified location and certain skills, I get the opposite of what I requested. For example, I set the default to Europe, instead I get five people applying from Bangledesh (which is in Asia). Is there some fault with the filter system? 

Those are preferences, not "filters" or "requirements" - Freelancers can still apply even if their profile does not match all preferences.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 4

Hi Doug,

I can confirm Petra's reply that freelancers from other locations can still submit a proposal for your job.

Alain R Member Since: Apr 4, 2019
4 of 4

I join the original question that I send is ment otherwise.
I look to hire a competency in a specific town or state, but results systematically ignore my just this field of filter.
That resulted in two (of 3offered and) wasted job proposition sendings of mine since I thought I was in a list matching all my filtercriterias - but only some.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS