🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Contract signing
Page options
5a037d25
Community Member

Contract signing

Hello everyone. I'm new here. I have a client that has sent me a contract via email to sign. Are they supposed to present contracts through Upwork for signing? Please help!

Thank you in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
50f7abd3
Community Member

(Original message deleted because erroneous)

Only share contact information after you have been hired. Sorry for the initial wrong direction.

Your information is not correct - exchanging contact information with a client before you're hired is against the ToS.

You are 100% correct. Not sure what I was thinking. The NDAs I was referring to were after the contract had commenced. 

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Read the terms of service. You aren't allowed to give clients your contact info before you're hired on Upwork, and you aren't allowed to form contracts off of Upwork. It's almost certainly a scam. When you're properly hired on Upwork, there's nothing to "sign".

Hi Christine, a client ask me my information outside of Upwork like First name, last name, email and bank account number, is it a scam and said after the completion of the project he will pay me.

It is scam. Read again what Christine wrote.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Jennifer,

Contracts are ONLY via Upwork's system. Going off site can get a Profile banned. View the Academy link above for success tips.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths