🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Contracts which list $5
Page options
317bd8e2
Community Member

Contracts which list $5

Hello, 

New to upwork here.  I've noticed quite a few of these kinds of jobs and they are asking for a lot of work for $5.  I understand that $5 is the minimum amount in order to post a job. 

Is it worth applying to those kind of jobs (assuming it's in my field) and am I expected to provide my own quote if they don't explicity say to provide a quote?

Thank you, 

Jay 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

$5 may simply be a placeholder, for a client that does not know what to put.

Freelancers can often earn thousands of dollars from $5 job posts.

And sometimes a $5 job is posted by a cheapskate client who thinks he can get something worthwhile for $5.

Should you provide your own quote?
Yes. Always.

But that is just the start of a conversation. You  are not required to stick with that quote after you learn more.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

$5 may simply be a placeholder, for a client that does not know what to put.

Freelancers can often earn thousands of dollars from $5 job posts.

And sometimes a $5 job is posted by a cheapskate client who thinks he can get something worthwhile for $5.

Should you provide your own quote?
Yes. Always.

But that is just the start of a conversation. You  are not required to stick with that quote after you learn more.

alljobs4you
Community Member

Thanks for giving such a great inforamation. Actually I myself a new freelance and was looking for something helpful which can help me understand the process and eventually i came accorss of this post.

It is really helpful as i mayself was confused that should i place a bid or not on some of the interesting josb but budget was too low.

6aa67377
Community Member

Some clients in upwork want like 2000 linkedin leads with 6 more information including email personal contact and many more in one day for $5 . I dont know what they think of us, is work dont have any value. Speechless. One of my client  created half milestone and after project completion he is not replying 😂 . Earth is filled with many kind of people's.

1c72ad32
Community Member

If they r seeking for 5dollar work. 

Do one thing select best clients to do with your work nd one who is talented so u can give the work to them. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths