cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

English Verification Still Valid?

Highlighted
April L Member Since: May 25, 2017
1 of 4

When I worked on Elance, I was verified but it looks like that went away when I moved to Upwork.  When I search for relevant information about how to get my certification back, I only see posts from 2014 and 2015.  They suggest I look for an English test with the word Cambridge in it...no such test exists.  

Can someone one let me know how to get my cert back?  I was born and raised in the US and still live here so I'm hoping this will be pretty straightforward.

Thanks all, 

April

Highlighted
Community Guru
Heath S Member Since: Mar 16, 2016
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

Hi April,

You shouldn't need to verify your English level if you're American. Just go to your profile and set your English level to Native/Bilingual.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
3 of 4

I'm having trouble making modifications to my profile at all.  Where do I do that?  I was shocked to see when I tried to apply for a job a little banner showed up that said, you can still apply to this job even though you do not meet the criteria of a native English speaker...what?!

In fact I can't even find the forums from my profile, are they two different sites?  Ouch, I miss Elance navagation!

Thanks!!

April 

Highlighted
4 of 4

I figured this out by hovering over the tags under my profile, and was able to add English.  Thanks!

April